TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ESSENCE EMA 2014 COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants must have a Twitter account and may enter the competition by following @MTVStyleINTL and @essence_uk on Twitter and retweeting the following tweet:
Follow @MTVStyleINTL & @essence_UK to win one of 10 #emazing beauty goodie bags
(the “Competition Tweet”).
3. Costs to enter the competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
4. The closing date for entries is midday (GMT) on 5 November 2014.
5. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
6. To enter the competition, entrants must be sixteen (16) or over at the date of entry. This competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or Cosnova GmbH (“Essence”) or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
7. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
8. All entries must include the whole of the Competition Tweet.
9. Ten (10) winners will be selected. These will be the first ten (10) entries randomly drawn from all valid entries received.
10. The random draw will take place as soon as reasonably practicable after close of the competition on 5 November 2014.
11. Each winner shall receive:
A goodie bag containing one (1) each of the following Essence-branded cosmetic items:
A set of finger and body transfer tattoos;
Hair dye powder; and
A shoe accessory set (comprising a pair of wing-style accessories to loop over shoelaces).
Each of the items in each winner’s goodie bag, including colours where relevant, shall be selected at Essence’s sole discretion.
12. The prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 11 above and no additional costs are included.
13. The winners may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if they are under eighteen (18) years of age) prior to receiving their prize.
14. All entrants under 18 confirm that they have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian before entering the competition and acknowledge that all prizes are subject to the winner arranging for a copy of these Terms to be signed by their parent or legal guardian and sending the signed document to the Promoter at MTV Networks Europe, 17 – 29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), if so requested by the Promoter.
15. The winners will be notified by direct message on Twitter as soon as reasonably practicable after the random draw takes place on 5 November 2014. The winners shall receive their prizes in the post within four (4) weeks of being selected as a winner.
16. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact any prize winner by 12 November 2014, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to take down any use of the Competition Tweet that contains, in the sole opinion of the Promoter: (i) inappropriate, obscene, offensive, or defamatory material; (ii) contains (or appears to contain) material the copyright or trademark in which is owned by, or likely owned by, a third party; or (iii) which for any reason may infringe or violate the rights of any person or entity.
20. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
21. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
22. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
23. No purchase necessary.
24. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners and/or parents/legal guardians under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes or global health crises. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winners and/or parents/legal guardians shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
25. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
26. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
27. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, and entrants understand that they are providing information to the Promoter and not to Twitter. Entrants hereby release and hold harmless Twitter from and against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this competition.
28. The names of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
30. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
31. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
32. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
33. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………
I understand that MTV Networks Europe wishes to enter into these Essence EMA 2014 Competition Terms with the Entrant named above. I hereby confirm that:
I am the parent or legal guardian of, and have parental responsibility for, the Entrant, who lives with me at the above address;
I have read these Essence EMA 2014 Competition Terms and have discussed them with the Entrant who understands what is required of them. I hereby consent to the Entrant entering this Essence EMA 2014 Competition and receiving any stated prize should they be selected as a winner.