TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR EXPENDABLES 3 COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them. All entrants confirm that, if they are under the age of 18 years of age, they have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian before entering the competition.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one (1) multiple choice question online at URL www.mtv.co.uk/competitions/win-tickets-to-the-world-premiere-of-the-expendables and following the online instructions. Costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 3.00pm (BST) on 30th July 2014 (the “Closing Date”).
4. This competition is open to residents of the UK only, aged 15 and over, excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe and/or of Lions Gate Pictures UK Limited (both hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Promoter”) or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
6. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
7. Five (5) winners will be selected by random draw from the pool of correct entries received. The random draw will take place immediately after close of the competition on 30th July 2014.
8. Each winner will receive one (1) pair of tickets to “The Expendables 3” world premiere in London on 4th August 2014.
EACH WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE PREMIERE IN LONDON ON 4 AUGUST 2014. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE. IN THE EVENT THAT THE PREMIERE IS CANCELLED FOR WHATEVER REASON, NO ALTERNATIVE EVENT WILL BE ARRANGED.
The winners’ guests must be at least fifteen (15) years old. If any winner is under eighteen (18) years of age, his/her guest must be a parent or legal guardian aged eighteen (18) or over.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 8 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, any other travel or spending money) are included. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE WINNERS AND THEIR GUESTS WILL HAVE TO BOOK THEIR OWN ACCOMMODATION AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS TO THE PREMIERE.
10. A winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if they are under eighteen (18) years of age) prior to receiving his/her prize.
11. Each winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
12. The winners will be notified by email after the random draw and are expected to send a response within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt of such email notification.
13. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason successfully contact a prize winner within twenty-four (24) hours of first attempting to do so, or if a winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours from receipt of the email notification pursuant to Term 12 above or is unavailable to attend the premiere on 4th August 2014, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner, who will be selected by random draw in the same way as the original winner.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner at random in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner will be selected in the same way as the original winner.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select the winners. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
17. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
18. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
19. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
20. No purchase necessary.
21. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners, their guests and/or parents/legal guardians under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize (if applicable). For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner, his/her guest and/or parent/legal guardian shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
22. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
23. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
24. The name of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
26. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
27. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
28. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
29. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.