TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FOSTER THE PEOPLE COMPETITION – MARCH 2014
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them. All entrants agree that, if they are under the age of 18 years of age, they have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian before entering the competition.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by entering their personal details and answering a multiple choice question online at www.mtv.co.uk/fosterthepeople.
3. The opening time for entries is 17:00pm on 18 March 2014 and the closing time for entries is 10:00am on 21 March 2014.
4. This competition is open to residents of the UK only, aged 14 and over, excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or the Promoter’s respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. Ten (10) first prize winners will be selected at random by a member of the Promoter’s digital media team from all valid entries that have correctly answered the multiple choice question and which are received on or before the closing time.
6. The prize is as follows: each winner will receive two (2) tickets to the recording of MTV’s Foster The People gig at the Troxy, 490 Commercial Road, London E1 0HX (the “Venue”) on Monday 24 March 2014 at 19:00pm (the “Prize”).
7. The competition is free to enter. However, costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your network operator for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
8. No purchase necessary.
9. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified. All entries must include the name, date of birth, telephone number and e-mail address of the entrant and an answer to the question.
10. The winner will be selected by midday on 21 March 2014.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 6 above and no additional costs.
12. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if they are under eighteen (18) years of age) prior to receiving the Prize.
13. The winners of the Prize are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Prize description.
14. The winners will be notified individually by telephone on 21 March 2014.
15. The Promoter shall provide the Prize by adding the name of each winner to the Venue’s guestlist for the gig.
16. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact any first prize winner by 11:59pm on 21 March 2014, the Promoter reserves the right to draw another winner who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original winner.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believe that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non- exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion see fit.
20. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant the Promoter the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph all their activities in connection with the competition and the Prize. Everything filmed, taped or recorded by the Promoter shall be known as “Footage”.
21. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Promoter with full title guarantee (and by way of present assignment of present and future rights) all intellectual property rights in any Footage throughout the world for the full unexpired period of such rights and all renewals, reversions and extensions of such period as may be provided under any applicable law throughout the world.
22. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any “Footage” to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
23. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
24. The Prize is as stated and non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
25. By entering the competition, entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include without limitation the entrant’s name and/or likeness, voice, photographs and/or video footage of the entrant, biographical information provided by the entrants and/or any statement made by them concerning the competition and/or the Prize. Entrants agree that any or all such elements may be used by the Promoter in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoter in its sole discretion sees fit.
26. The Promoter shall not be liable to the winners and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or Prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or Promoter’s personnel.
27. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with the activities of third party event organisers. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
28. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
29. Details can be obtained by sending a stamped, self- addressed envelope to FAO Michael Pell, Foster The People Competition, MTV Networks Europe, PO BOX 1381, London, NW1 8XT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
31. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
32. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
33. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
34. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
FAO Michael Pell, Foster The People Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, Camden Lock, London, NW1 8TT.