TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR GLASGOW LIVE LOCKDOWN COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by:
(a) answering the multiple choice question posted online at www.mtv.co.uk/glasgow ;
(b) entering their personal details, as requested by the entry form; and
(c) specifying which of the three different acts performing at the Event (as defined below) they would most like to see live.
3. Costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
4. The closing date for entries is 5pm (UK time) on Monday 28 September 2015.
5. This competition is open to residents of the UK only aged eighteen (18) and over.
6. This competition is offered and administered by MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”). Employees and immediate relatives of employees of the Promoter, VisitScotland and Glasgow City Marketing Bureau Limited (all three together the “Event Partners”) or their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition are not eligible to enter.
7. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries by the same entrant will be void and the entrant disqualified.
8. One (1) winner will be selected at random by the Promoter from all valid entries which are received on or before the closing date (the “Winner”).
9. The Winner shall receive the following, for use by the Winner and a guest of their choice, provided that the guest is aged at least eighteen (18) years old:
(a) one (1) nights’ twin room accommodation for two (2) people in a hotel with at least a 4 star rating in or around Glasgow (the “Hotel”) on a bed and breakfast basis; and
(b) VIP entry for two to the Glasgow Live Lockdown event to be held on 30 September 2015 at a secret venue in or around Glasgow (the “Event”) providing priority entrance;
together, the “Prize”.
THE WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OTHER ARRANGEMENTS, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ALL TRAVEL, FOOD AND DRINK.
THE WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TRAVEL TO AND ATTEND THE MTV LIVE LOCKDOWN EVENT IN THE GLASGOW AREA ON 30 SEPTEMBER 2015. NO ALTERNATIVE DATE WILL BE AVAILABLE.
10. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize will not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 9 above and no additional costs such as travel are included.
11. The Winner will be selected and notified by telephone and/or email on or before Tuesday 29 September 2015. The Winner will be notified at the same time of the location and time of the Event. The Winner’s name with a plus one will be added to the guest list for the Event.
12. The Winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition prior to receiving the Prize.
13. The Winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
14. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact a prize Winner at the first attempt to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner on the same basis as used to select the original Winner.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative Winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that any selected Winner has contravened any of these Terms.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the selection of a Winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any Winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant to the Event Partners and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and licensees a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this will include the winner’s name, location being broadcast on-air and posted across the Promoter’s social media platforms.
18. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant the Event Partners the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph all their activities in connection with the competition, the Event and the Prize. Everything filmed, taped or recorded by the Event Partners shall be known as “Footage”. All Footage shall be owned by the relevant Event Partner and all entrants agree that the Event Partners can use any Footage in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the relevant Event Partner in its sole discretion sees fit.
19. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Event Partners with full title guarantee (and by way of assignment of present and future rights) all intellectual property rights in any Footage throughout the world for the full unexpired period of such rights and all renewals, reversions and extensions of such period as may be provided under any applicable law throughout the world.
20. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Event Partners, the Event Partners’ affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions and/or Footage to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
21. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a Winner.
22. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
23. Prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide a stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The Prize is subject to any additional terms and conditions of the venue at which the Event is held.
24. No purchase necessary.
25. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to a Winner under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with the activities of third party event organisers. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected Winner shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
26. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
27. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
28. The name of any Winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Glasgow Lockdown 2015 competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London NW1 8TT for one (1) month after the competition closes.
29. Unless entrants opt in to receive further marketing at the time of entry, any personal information, including without limitation, the entrant's name, age, address (including postcode), telephone number and/or email address will be used solely in connection with this competition and as set out in these Terms and will not be disclosed to any third party, except for the purpose of fulfilling a prize where applicable. Any personal information held by the Promoter in respect of any competition will be held on record for a short period for the purpose of ensuring fulfilment of the competition and then destroyed.
30. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any means or form of machine-assisted intervention enabling computer (or software or program) generated multiple entries will be disqualified.
31. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
32. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
33. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
Glasgow Lockdown 2015 competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London NW1 8TT.