TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one (1) multiple choice question online at URL www.mtv.co.uk/GOTG. Costs to enter the competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 5pm BST on 24 July 2014.
4. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
5. To enter the competition, entrants must be twelve (12) or over at the date of entry. This competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or Marvel Studios LLC or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. All entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the prize does not contravene any local laws or regulations in the country in which they are resident. This competition shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law.
7. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
8. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
9. Ten (10) winners and ten (10) runners up will be selected. The winners will be the first ten (10) entries randomly drawn from all correct entries received. The runners up will be the next ten (10) entries randomly drawn from all correct entries received.
10. The random draw will take place as soon as reasonably practicable after close of the competition on 24 July 2014.
11. The Winners’ Prize
Each winner shall receive:
• Tickets for himself or herself and one (1) guest to attend the private screening of ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ taking place at the Charlotte Street Hotel in London on 30 July 2014 (the “Screening”);
• One (1) ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ poster signed by Example.
Approximate Prize value is £100 Sterling.
EACH WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE SCREENING ON 30 JULY 2014. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
For the avoidance of doubt, if a winner is aged under eighteen (18) years, the winner’s guest must be a parent or legal guardian aged eighteen (18) years or over.
If a winner is aged eighteen (18) or over, they may bring a guest aged between twelve (12) and seventeen (17), so long as the winner is a parent or legal guardian of the guest.
In the event that the date of the Screening falls within school term-time, and a winner and/or the winner’s guest is aged under eighteen (18) years, the winner and/or the winner’s guest as relevant must obtain the prior written consent of their headteacher and their parent/legal guardian for their absence from school.
The Runners Up Prize
Each runner up shall receive:
• Tickets for himself/herself and one (1) guest to attend the Screening.
EACH RUNNER UP AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE SCREENING ON 30 JULY 2014. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
For the avoidance of doubt, if a runner up is aged under eighteen (18) years, the runner-up’s guest must be a parent or legal guardian aged eighteen (18) years or over.
If a runner up is aged eighteen (18) or over, they may bring a guest aged between twelve (12) and seventeen (17), so long as the runner up is a parent or legal guardian of the guest.
In the event that the date of the Screening falls within school term-time, and a runner up and/or the runner-up’s guest is aged under eighteen (18) years, the runner up and/or the runner up’s guest as relevant must obtain the prior written consent of their headteacher and their parent/legal guardian for their absence from school.
12. For the avoidance of doubt, the prizes do not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 11 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, spending money) are included.
13. The winners and runners up may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if they are under eighteen (18) years of age) prior to receiving their prize.
14. The winners of the prizes and runners up are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
15. The winners will be notified by telephone within 24 hours of being selected.
16. The runners up will be notified by telephone within 24 hours of being selected.
17. The winners and the runners up will be able to collect their tickets for the Screening immediately before the Screening takes place, at the Charlotte Street Hotel on 30 July 2014.
18. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact any prize winner or runner up by 28 July 2014, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner or runner up, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner or runner up.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner and/or runner up in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner and/or runner up has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner and/or runner up will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prizes in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner and/or runner up. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
21. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
22. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant the Promoter the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph all their activities in connection with the competition and (if applicable) any prizes. Everything filmed, taped or recorded by the Promoter shall be known as “Footage”. All Footage shall be owned by the Promoter and all entrants agree that the Promoter can use any Footage in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoter in its sole discretion sees fit.
23. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Promoter with full title guarantee (and by way of present assignment of present and future rights) all intellectual property rights in any Footage throughout the world for the full unexpired period of such rights and all renewals, reversions and extensions of such period as may be provided under any applicable law throughout the world.
24. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions and/or Footage to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
25. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
26. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
27. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
28. No purchase necessary.
29. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes, global health crises or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winners and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
30. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
31. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
32. The names of the winners and runners-up can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
34. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
35. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
36. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
37. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………
I understand that MTV Networks Europe wishes to enter into these Guardians of the Galaxy Competition Terms with the Entrant named above. I hereby confirm that:
1. I am the parent or legal guardian of, and have parental responsibility for, the Entrant, who lives with me at the above address;
2. I have read these Guardians of the Galaxy Competition Terms and have discussed them with the Entrant who understands what is required of them. I hereby consent to the Entrant entering this Guardians of the Galaxy Competition and receiving any stated prize should they be selected as a winner or a runner up (if applicable).