TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR HARRY STYLES BIRTHDAY SURPRISE
1. Participation in the Feature (as set out in paragraph 2 below) is governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”). By posting the Entry Content, you agree that you have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them. You confirm that, if you are under the age of 18, you have obtained the consent of your parent or legal guardian before posting the Entry Content.
2. For a chance to see your selfie featured as part of the Harry Styles Birthday Surprise (the “Feature”), post a selfie of yourself using the #HarryStyles21 hashtag (the “Entry Content”) on:
Twitter to @MTVUK;
Instagram to @MTVUK; or
your Facebook profile as a public post, tagging @facebook.com/mtvuk
at any time from 9am on 21 January 2015 to (and including) 11.59pm on 25 January 2015. Please remember that all Entry Content posted by you will be public and may be read or viewed by other people without your knowledge or specific permission. You should only post Entry Content that you are willing for other people to see and complies with these Terms (including, without limitation, terms 7 and 8 below). You hereby agree that at the request of MTV Networks Europe (“MTV”), you shall remove all Entry Content from the social media platforms referred to above.
3. The closing time for entries is 11.59pm on 25 January 2015.
4. To participate in the Feature, you must fulfil each of the following criteria:
be a resident of the UK;
be sixteen (16) years old or over;
hold a Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook account (depending on where you wish to post the Entry Content); and
not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV and/or its respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with the Feature.
5. You must adhere to Twitter’s, Instagram’s and Facebook’s rules or terms of service in respect of all content you post in connection with the Feature.
6. On or around 26 January 2015, MTV will choose a selection of Entry Content (which complies with these Terms) from entrants and shall create a video clip incorporating selected Entry Content (or parts thereof) to be published on-air, such websites and/or social media sites as MTV considers appropriate on or around 1 February 2015 (the “Film”). As you will not be notified if your Entry Content has been selected for use in the Film, please view the Film at www.mtv.co.uk from 1 February 2015 to see whether your Entry Content is featured.
7. You confirm that:
you are the person featuring in the Entry Content and you are the sole owner of any copyright in the Entry Content submitted by you; and
the Entry Content does not include any music, third party branding, logos, artwork or any other copyright work unless your have obtained the consent of the relevant owner of such third party materials branding, logos and/or artwork and such owner has consented to the relevant branding, logos and/or artwork being used in the Entry Content in accordance with these Terms; and
you have obtained the permission of any other person featured in the Entry Content and for the Entry Content to be used in accordance with these Terms.
8. You hereby undertake that nothing in the Entry Content:
is sexually explicit or suggestive, contains nudity or any dangerous activity or is profane, pornographic or violent;
is derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or endorses any form of hate or hate group;
promotes any particular political agenda or message;
reveals any personal information, including but not limited to license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; or
is otherwise offensive or illegal.
9. The Feature is free to enter. However, costs of submitting Entry Content via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. You should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
10. No purchase necessary.
11. MTV reserves the right to contact you and/or all other entrants by direct message on Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook (as appropriate, according to the way in which you have posted the Entry Content) in relation to these Terms and the Feature more generally.
12. If your Entry Content is selected for use in the Film, you may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of these Terms (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if you are under eighteen (18) year of age).
13. Twitter, Instagram and Facebook take on no responsibilities in respect of the Feature and it is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
14. MTV reserves the right to terminate the Feature at any time including, without limitation, where there are insufficient entries which comply with these Terms. No correspondence will be entered into.
15. By submitting the Entry Content, you hereby grant to MTV and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and licensees a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, edit, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, your name, Entry Content, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the Feature (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this may include, if your Entry Content is used in the Film, your name, location and Entry Content being broadcast on-air and posted across MTV’s social media platforms and websites.
16. You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of MTV, MTV’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which you are, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
17. You acknowledge that you may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if your Entry Content is selected.
18. Decisions as to whether Entry Content breaches these Terms in any way shall be made at the sole discretion of MTV. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with the Terms shall not be used.
19. MTV can accept no responsibility for entries delayed, misdirected or undelivered. MTV shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing posting of any Entry Content in accordance with these Terms.
20. MTV shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the Feature other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of MTV and/or MTV’s personnel and/or fraud by MTV and/or its personnel.
21. MTV shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes. You shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
22. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
24. Only entries from individuals will be accepted.
25. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by MTV on notice. No waiver of any rights by MTV or you will be taken as a waiver of any other rights either party may have. For example, if MTV waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by your, it does not prevent MTV from complaining about other breaches.
26. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
27. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to: Harry Styles Birthday Surprise, Digital Media, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.