TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR HERCULES COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them. All entrants confirm that, if they are under the age of 18 years of age, they have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian before entering the competition.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one (1) multiple choice question online at URL www.mtv.co.uk/hercules and following the online instructions. Costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 8.00pm (GMT) on 6th August 2014 (the “Closing Date”).
4. This competition is open to residents of the UK only, aged 16 and over at the Closing Date, excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or of Sky Media Limited (being the co-promoter), and/or Paramount Pictures UK or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
6. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
7. One (1) winner will be selected by random draw from the pool of correct entries received. The random draw will take place immediately after close of the competition on 6th August 2014.
8. The winner shall receive the following prize:
• Four (4) tickets to the WWE live event on 5th November at SSE Arena Wembley, London;
• Overnight accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis for four (4) people at the Hilton London Wembley Hotel on 5th November 2014 based on four (4) people sharing two (2) twin rooms;
• One hundred and twenty-five pounds sterling (£125) travel allowance;
• Set menu dinner for four (4) people plus one (1) soft drink per person at one of the SSE Wembley Arena Food Outlets;
• One hundred pounds sterling (£100) spending money
THE WINNER AND HIS/HER GUESTS AND/OR PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TRAVEL ON 5 NOVEMBER 2014. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
The winner’s guests must be at least sixteen (16) years old.
The winner acknowledges that he/she will be responsible for all room service costs and any additional charges or expenses incurred by him/her or his/her guests during their hotel stay, as well as any damage to hotel property.
Approximate prize value is £989.00 (Sterling).
9. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 8 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, any other travel or spending money) are included.
10. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if they are under eighteen (18) years of age) prior to receiving his/her prize.
11. The winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
12. The winner will be notified by telephone after the random draw. The winner will receive written confirmation and full details of the prize by e-mail within 24 hours of being notified by telephone that they are a winner.
13. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason successfully contact the prize winner within three (3) weeks of first attempting to do so, or if the winner is unavailable to travel to on 5th November 2014, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner, who will be selected by random draw in the same way as the original winner.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner at random in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that the selected winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner will be selected in the same way as the original winner.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
17. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
18. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
19. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
20. No purchase necessary.
21. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant the Promoter the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph all their activities in connection with the competition and (if applicable) any prizes. Everything filmed, taped or recorded by the Promoter shall be known as “Footage”. All Footage shall be owned by the Promoter and all entrants agree that the Promoter can use any Footage in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoter in their sole discretion see fit.
22. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Promoter with full title guarantee (and by way of present assignment of present and future rights) all intellectual property rights in any Footage throughout the world for the full unexpired period of such rights and all renewals, reversions and extensions of such period as may be provided under any applicable law throughout the world.
23. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions and/or Footage to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
24. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner, his/her guests and/or parents/legal guardians under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner, his/her guests and/or parents/legal guardians shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
25. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
26. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
27. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
29. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
30. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
31. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
32. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.