TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR HORRIBLE BOSSES 2 COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one (1) multiple choice question online at URL www.mtv.co.uk/competitions. Costs to enter the competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is midday (GMT) on 7 November 2014.
4. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
5. To enter the competition, entrants must be fifteen (15) or over at the date of entry. This competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) or Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited (“Warner”), and/or Subtance001 Limited (trading as ‘Substance’) or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
7. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
8. One (1) winner will be selected. This will be the first entry randomly drawn from all correct entries received.
9. The random draw will take place as soon as reasonably practicable after close of the competition on 7 November 2014.
10. The winner shall receive:
• VIP tickets* for himself/herself and one (1) guest (the “Guest”) to attend the London premiere of the film “Horrible Bosses 2”, currently scheduled to take place on 12 November 2014 (the “Premiere”);
• The chance to meet cast members Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis and/or Charlie Day at the Premiere;
• Economy travel as set out below. Either:
(i) Two (2) return economy flights to London from Scotland or Northern Ireland, for the winner and the Guest (if the winner is resident in, and travelling from, Scotland or Northern Ireland), including travel insurance and transfers from the airport to the hotel, if applicable**; or
(ii) Two (2) return train tickets from the winner’s location to London (if the winner is resident in, and travelling from England or Wales**), in which case, the winner and Guest will be responsible for organising their own transport and transfers to the hotel; and
• Accommodation for himself/herself and the Guest sharing one (1) room, for one (1) night at the Trafalgar Hotel in London, including breakfast.
*The VIP tickets will allow the winner and his/her Guest access to the VIP area on the red carpet at the Premiere.
**Free flights will only be included in the prize if the winner is resident, and will be travelling from Scotland or Northern Ireland in order to attend the Premiere. For the avoidance of doubt, if the winner is resident in England or Wales he/she will not be entitled to free flights but will instead receive return train tickets for himself/herself and his/her Guest from the winner’s location to London.
The winner acknowledges that they will be responsible for all room service costs and any additional charges or expenses incurred by them or the Guest during their hotel stay, as well as any damage to any hotel property. The winner acknowledges that the hotel will take a credit card pre-authorisation or cash deposit to cover any incidental costs (and as such the winner or Guest must be able to produce a valid credit card).
If the winner is aged under eighteen (18) years, the Guest must be a parent or legal guardian of the winner. Where the winner is aged eighteen (18) or over, they may bring a Guest who is at least fifteen (15) years old. In the event that the Guest is aged between fifteen (15) and seventeen (17) inclusive, the winner must be a parent or legal guardian of the Guest.
The Guest cannot be selected through any competition, promotion or event.
In the event that the winner or Guest is aged under sixteen (16) and attendance at the Premiere requires any absence or early departure from school, the winner and/or the Guest as relevant must obtain the prior written consent of their headteacher and their parent/legal guardian for their absence from school.
The winner and the Guest must hold a valid passport and any other necessary travel documentation.
The winner and the Guest acknowledge that Warner reserves the right to refuse entry or eject the winner or the Guest from the Premiere if either engages in unacceptable behaviour (what constitutes unacceptable behaviour is to be determined by Warner it its sole discretion).
The winner and the Guest acknowledge that filming and/or photography by the winner and/or the Guest at the Premiere is not permitted.
THE WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE ATTENDANCE OF JASON BATEMAN, JASON SUDEIKIS AND/OR CHARLIE DAY AT THE PREMIERE, OR ANY OTHER CAST MEMBER FROM HORRIBLE BOSSES 2, IS SUBJECT TO THEIR AVAILABILITY, IS SUBJECT TO CANCELLATION AND CANNOT BE GUARANTEED BY THE PROMOTER. NO COMPENSATION WILL BE PAID IN LIEU OF A CANCELLED APPEARANCE.
THE WINNER AND THE GUEST MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TRAVEL AND TO ATTEND THE PREMIERE ON 12 NOVEMBER 2014, AND TO RETURN ON 13 NOVEMBER 2014. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE. THE WINNER AND THE GUEST MUST TRAVEL TOGETHER ON ALL TRAINS, FLIGHTS AND TRANSFERS (AS APPLICABLE). THE WINNER AND THE GUEST MUST BRING THEIR TICKETS WITH THEM TO BE ADMITTED TO THE PREMIERE AND MAY BE REQUIRED TO PRODUCE PHOTOGRAPHIC ID IN ORER TO ATTEND THE PREMIERE.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, the prizes do not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 10 above and no additional costs are included.
12. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if they are under eighteen (18) years of age) prior to receiving their prize.
13. All entrants under 18 confirm that they have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian before entering the competition and acknowledge that all prizes are subject to the winner arranging for a copy of these Terms to be signed by their parent or legal guardian and sending the signed document to the Promoter at MTV Networks Europe, 17 – 29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), if so requested by the Promoter.
14. The winner and his/her Guest are responsible for all applicable taxes and ancillary expenses not specified in the prize description.
15. The winner will be notified by telephone as soon as possible after being selected on 7 November 2014.
16. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact any prize winner by 10 November 2014, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
18. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
20. The winner and his/her Guest acknowledge that they may not participate in any publicity relating to the Prize without the prior approval of Warner.
21. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
22. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
23. No purchase necessary.
24. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner and/or the Guest and/or parents/legal guardians under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes, global health crises or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or the Guest and/or parents/legal guardians shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
25. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
26. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
27. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
29. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
30. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoters waive their right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
31. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
32. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………
I understand that MTV Networks Europe wishes to enter into these Horrible Bosses 2 Competition Terms with the Entrant named above. I hereby confirm that:
1. I am the parent or legal guardian of, and have parental responsibility for, the Entrant, who lives with me at the above address;
2. I have read these Horrible Bosses 2 Competition Terms and have discussed them with the Entrant who understands what is required of them. I hereby consent to the Entrant entering this Horrible Bosses 2 Competition and receiving any stated prize should they be selected as the winner.