Terms and Conditions for Hunger Games Kindle Fire September 2014 Competition
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions and entrants agree that they have read and understood these terms and conditions and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one multiple choice question online at mtv.co.uk/competitions. Costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your network operator for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 4pm on 16 October 2014.
4. This competition is open to residents of the UK only, aged 15 and over, excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or Grapevine Digital Limited or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
6. Winners will have answered the question correctly and will be the first entries randomly drawn after 4pm on 16 October from all correct entries received.
7. One (1) first prize winner and two (2) runners up will be drawn.
8. The prizes are as follows:
First prize winners:
One (1) Kindle Fire with an exclusive Hunger Games ‘wrap’ (cover) pre-loaded with The Hunger Games trilogy books.
One (1) limited edition trilogy of The Hunger Games books for each runner up.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, the prizes do not consist of anything other than expressly set out in paragraph 8 above.
10. The winners of the prizes are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
11. The first prize winner will be notified by telephone within two (2) days of the prize draw and will receive the prize by post within fourteen (14) days of being notified that they have won.
12. The runners up shall receive their prizes in the post within fourteen (14) days of the prize draw. For the avoidance of doubt, runners up prizes shall be sent to the respective addresses that they provided when entering.
13. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact the first prize winner within two (2) days of the prize draw, the Promoter reserves the right to draw another winner.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
15. Entrants agree that the Promoter may use the entrant’s entry, name and/or likeness, voice, photographs and/or video footage of the entrant, biographical information provided by the entrants and/or any statement made by them concerning the competition and/or the prize(s) in connection with publicizing the competition, in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoter in its sole discretion sees fit.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative first prize winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms and Conditions.
17. The winners may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all terms and conditions of the competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature when the selected winner is under 18 years of age) prior to receiving their prize.
18. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
19. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated prize(s), the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
20. No purchase necessary.
21. The Promoter shall not be liable to the winners and/or parents/legal guardians for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or Promoter’s personnel.
22. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners and/or parents/legal guardians under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
23. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
24. Details can be obtained by sending a stamped, self- addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, Hunger Games Kindle Fire September 2014 Competition, PO BOX 1381, London, NW1 8XT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
26. All entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice.
27. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
28. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, Camden Lock, London, NW1 8TT.