TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ‘I WANT EMA TIX’ COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by uploading a photo of themselves with one of the several statues of the MTV logo which will be distributed around Glasgow in the run-up to the EMA (as defined below) on to their Instagram account, including the hashtag #IWantEMATix. Costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The opening date for this competition is 9pm on Tuesday 4 November 2014 and the closing date for entries is 4pm on Saturday 8 November 2014.
4. This competition is open to residents of the UK and Ireland only, aged over eighteen (18), excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”), or of its respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. Each entrant may only enter this competition with one photo per statute. An entrant may enter this competition multiple times by uploading a different photo of themselves with each of the different statues.
6. One (1) winner will be selected. This will be the first entry randomly drawn from all valid entries received.
7. The winner will be selected as soon as reasonably practicable after the closing date.
8. The winner shall receive one (1) pair of tickets to the 2014 MTV EMA, an event which is taking place on 9 November 2014 at ‘The SSE Hydro’ SECC, Exhibition Way, Glasgow G3 8YW (the “EMA”).
For the avoidance of doubt, both the winner and his/her guest must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. The winner and/or his/her guest will not be admitted to the EMA if they appear to be drunk and/or under the influence of drugs.
The winner must be able to attend the EMA on 9 November 2014 as no alternative dates or alternative prize shall be available.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 8 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, travel, accommodation or spending money) are included.
10. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition prior to receiving his/her prize.
11. The winner of the prize is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
12. The winner will be notified by a message or comment from MTV on their Instagram account shortly after he/she has been selected as the winner and asked to reply by private message and confirm his/her contact details.
13. In the event that the winner does not reply to the Promoter by 9am on Sunday 9 November 2014, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
15. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. In particular, the Promoter intends to use some of the photo entries in an online gallery. Where there are people other than the entrant appearing in a Submission, the entrant hereby confirms that he or she has obtained the permission of that person/those people for the photo to be used in accordance with this Term 16.
17. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant the Promoter the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph all their activities in connection with the competition and (if applicable) any prizes. Everything filmed, taped or recorded by the Promoter shall be known as “Footage”. All Footage shall be owned by the Promoter and all entrants agree that the Promoter can use any Footage in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoter in its sole discretion sees fit.
18. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Promoter with full title guarantee (and by way of present assignment of present and future rights) all intellectual property rights in any Footage throughout the world for the full unexpired period of such rights and all renewals, reversions and extensions of such period as may be provided under any applicable law throughout the world.
19. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions and/or Footage to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
20. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
21. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
22. The prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
23. No purchase necessary.
24. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
25. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
26. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
27. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
29. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified.
30. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
31. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
32. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London NW1 8T