TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR LEEDS/READING FESTIVAL COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them. All entrants confirm that, if they are under the age of eighteen (18), they have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian before entering the competition.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by entering their personal details and answering a multiple choice question online at www.mtv.co.uk/competitions. Entrants will also need to select whether they wish to be entered into the draw to win tickets to the Reading Festival or the Leeds Festival.
3. The competition will close for entries at midday (BST) on Monday 17 August 2015.
4. This competition is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland only, aged sixteen (16) and over, excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or the Promoter’s respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies (and any other person professionally connected with this competition will also be ineligible).
5. The following prizes shall be available for the Reading and Leeds Festival on 28, 29 and 30 August 2015 (the “Event”) to be held at either (depending on the entrant’s selection on entry) Bramham Park, Wetherby, West Yorkshire LS23 6ND (the “Leeds Site”) or Richfield Avenue Festival Site, Richfield Avenue, Reading, RG1 8EQ (the “Reading Site”):
(a) the first prize, in which each winner will receive two (2) guest weekend tickets to the Event at the site of their choosing, including access to and use of guest camping areas; and
(b) the runner-up prize, in which each runner-up will receive four (4) weekend tickets to the Event at the site of their choosing, including access to and use of standard camping areas,
together, the “Prizes”.
There will be two (2) winners and two (2) runners-up in total (together the “Prize Recipients”).
WHERE A PRIZE RECIPIENT IS UNDER EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT, A GUEST OF THE PRIZE RECIPIENT MUST BE AGED EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OR OLDER AND THE PRIZE RECIPIENT AND ANY OF THEIR GUESTS WHO ARE UNDER EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD MUST HAVE THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IN ORDER TO ATTEND THE FESTIVAL. IN THE EVENT THAT A PRIZE RECIPIENT IS REFUSED ENTRY, THAT PRIZE RECIPIENT’S GUEST(S) SHALL ALSO BE REFUSED ENTRY TO THE FESTIVAL.
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THE PRIZES DO NOT INCLUDE TRAVEL TO/FROM THE LEEDS SITE OR THE READING SITE, SPENDING MONEY OR ANY OTHER EXPENSES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ATTENDANCE AT THE FESTIVAL.
6. There will be four Prize Recipients in total, who will be selected by the Promoter according to the location they chose on entry, but otherwise at random from all valid and correct entries received on or before the closing time.
7. The competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your network operator for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
8. No purchase necessary.
9. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries by the same entrant will be void and the entrant disqualified. All entries must include the name, date of birth, telephone number and e-mail address of the entrant and an answer to the question.
10. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prizes do not consist of anything other than that expressly set out in Term 5 above and each Prize Recipient and his or her guest shall be responsible for all applicable taxes, travel costs and any other expenses not specified in Term 5 incurred as a result of taking up the Prizes and attending the Event (including, without limitation, travel costs, spending money and any other expenses).
11. Each Prize Recipient may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if the Prize Recipient is under eighteen (18) years old) prior to receiving the Prizes. Each Prize Recipient and Prize Recipients’ guest(s) shall, in order to benefit from the Prizes, be required to adhere to the terms and conditions of attendance at the Leeds Festival or the Reading Festival, as applicable, which may be found here (as amended from time to time): http://www.leedsfestival.com/sites/live.b.leedsfestival.com/files/images... and http://www.readingfestival.com/sites/live.b.leedsfestival.com/files/imag... .
12. The Prize Recipients will be selected on Monday 17 August 2015 after the competition has closed.
13. The Prize Recipients will be notified individually by telephone within five (5) days of the closing date of the competition. Subsequently, the Prize Recipients will receive letters confirming the Prizes and the mechanism for exchanging such letter for wristbands for themselves and their guests at the box office at either the Reading Festival or the Leeds Festival, as applicable.
14. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason establish contact with any Prize Recipient within twenty four (24) hours of the Promoter’s initial attempt to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to immediately draw another Prize Recipient who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original Prize Recipients.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative Prize Recipient in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected Prize Recipient has contravened any of these Terms.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prizes in the event that, in the Promoter’s opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select the Prize Recipients. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any and all aspects of the competition, including the determination of any Prize Recipients. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their absolute discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this may include the Prize Recipients’ name and location being broadcast on-air and posted across the Promoter’s social media platforms.
18. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
19. By entering the competition, entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include without limitation the entrant’s name and/or likeness, voice, photographs and/or video footage of the entrant, biographical information provided by the entrants and/or any statement made by them concerning the competition and/or the Prizes. Entrants agree that any or all such elements may be used by the Promoter in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoter in its sole discretion sees fit.
20. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
21. The Prizes are as stated and non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prizes, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The Prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the Venue and the Festival organiser.
22. The Promoter shall not be liable to the Prize Recipients and/or their guests for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or the Prizes other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or Promoter’s personnel.
23. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the Prize Recipients and/or their guests under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond their reasonable control including without limitation delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising, without limitation, out of or in connection with (i) the activities or third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the Prizes. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected Prize Recipient and/or guest shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
24. Each Prize Recipient will be solely responsible for and hereby indemnifies and holds the Promoter harmless in respect of any losses, costs, liabilities or damages suffered or incurred by the Promoter as a result of any of his/her acts and/or omissions in connection with the Prizes and those of his/her guest (including without limitation any damage caused and expenses (such as costs of refreshments) incurred in connection with the Prizes).
25. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
26. Details can be obtained by sending a stamped, self- addressed envelope to FAO MTV Events, Leeds/Reading festival competition 2015, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
28. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
29. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
30. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
31. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
FAO MTV Events, Leeds/Reading festival competition 2015, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.