TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MTV AND MCDONALD’S – MCNUGGET MUSIC FESTIVAL PARTNERSHIP (WIRELESS; Y NOT; READING; AND SUNDOWN) COMPETITION
1. The promoter and administrator of the Competition is Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited ("Promoter"). The Prizes (as defined below) are provided by McDonald's Restaurants Limited ("Prize Provider") and fulfilled by OMD Group Limited is the co-promoter of the Competition (“Co-Promoter”).
2. This Competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms which constitute a binding agreement between the Promoter and an entrant and will become binding upon an entrant entering the Competition. The Promoter's decision is final and binding in all matters relating to this Competition. Any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms will automatically be disqualified from the Competition.
3. Entrants may enter the Competition by visiting http: mtv.co.uk/mcnugget and must complete and comply with the following entry requirements:
i. Submit all information requested including the entrant's name, email address, address and telephone number;
ii. Answer one (1) multiple choice question (“MCQ”);
iii. Select their preferred UK music festival (the “Festivals” and each a “Festival”) to attend out of four (4) options, being:
1. Wireless, 5–7 July 2019
2. Y Not, 25-28 July 2019
3. Reading, 23—25 August 2019
4. Sundown, 31 August-1 September 2019
4. Costs to enter the Competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
5. The entry period for the Competition starts at 12.00 on 10 June 2019 and ends at 23:59 on 23 August 2019 (the "Competition Period"). All entries must be received before the end of the Competition Period and any entries received thereafter shall be null and void, and ineligible.
6. Certain Festival preference options will expire before the Competition Period ends as follows:
1. Wireless, 23:59 on 28 June 2019
2. Y Not, 23:59 on 19 July 2019
3. Reading, 23:59 on 9 August 2019
4. Sundown, 23:59 on 23 August 2019
7. This competition is open to legal residents of the UK only aged 18 and over, excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of Promoter, and/or of Prize Provider and/or of OMD Group Limited or their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this Competition.
8. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant may be disqualified.
9. In the event of a dispute over who submitted the winning entry, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to participate in the Competition at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet service provider that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
10. Entrants will require access to the internet in order to enter the Competition. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in internet service or network hardware or software.
11. Entrants who have answered the MCQ correctly will be entered into a prize draw for the preferred Festival they select only. Thirty five (35) winners will be selected in total across the Competition. These will be the entries drawn at random by a random number generator programme producing a verifiable random result from all correct entries received in respect of each Festival. The following prizes ("Prize(s)") and number of winners shall be drawn for each of Festival:
i. Wireless: ten (10) pairs of general admission tickets (one pair allocated to ten (10) winners);
ii. Y Not: five (5) pairs of VIP tickets (one pair allocated to five (5) winners) where VIP tickets shall include access to a separate VIP campsite (including showers, toilets and a pamper area with mirrors and plugs); access to VIP area with bar, food traders, toilets; VIP access lanes; VIP lanyard;
iii. Reading: ten (10) pairs of general admission tickets (one pair allocated to ten (10) winners); and
iv. Sundown: ten (10) pairs of VIP tickets (one pair allocated to ten (10) winners) where VIP tickets shall include access to VIP area with bar; food traders; toilets; undercover seating (Entrants should note there is no separate VIP camping at this Festival).
12. The winners will be selected on:
1. Wireless, 1 July 2019
2. Y Not, 22 July 2019
3. Reading, 12 August 2019
4. Sundown, 26 August 2019
13. Any winner (and any guest, as relevant) must be available to attend their chosen Festival on the applicable Date(s) set out at paragraph 3.iii above. No alternative dates or Festivals will be available.
14. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize(s) will not consist of anything other than expressly set out in paragraph 11 above and no additional costs are included. Entrants acknowledge that should they be selected as a winner, they and their guest shall be responsible for making their own way to the relevant Festival, and no travel or accommodation whatsoever will be included in the prize, or otherwise provided by the Prize Provider, Co-Promoter or Promoter.
15. The winners may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the Competition prior to receiving their Prize.
16. A winner of any Prize is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Prize description.
17. A winner will be notified by the Promoter via either telephone or email within 48 hours of being selected as a winner.
18. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact the prize winner within 48 hours of first attempting to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner on the same basis as used to select the original winner.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to select alternative winner(s) in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that any selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
20. The Co-Promotor shall procure that any Prize will be sent to the prize winner via recorded delivery by Royal Mail or via on-site ticket collection. Collection/delivery process will be confirmed within 3 days of the event.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the Competition and instruct the Co-Promoter to withhold the Prize(s) in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the Competition, including the determination of any winner of a Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
22. Entrants acknowledge that there may be backstage filming crews present throughout any of the Festivals, and that incidental footage featuring the winner may be recorded and exploited without limitation and/or in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
23. Prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Co-Promoter and/or Prize Provider's control the Co-Promoter and/or Prize Provider are unable to provide a stated Prize or any part of it, the Co-Promoter and/or Prize Provider reserve the right to award a substitute Prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are subject to any additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer, supplier or venue (as relevant).
24. No purchase necessary.
25. Entry to all Festivals shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant Festival, and any further terms and conditions imposed by the venue owner and/or Festival organisers. Entry shall be further subject to the winner(s) (and their guest if relevant) showing valid permission to enter the Festival and/or ID if requested. Competition entrants hereby acknowledge that the Festival organisers and their employees may reserve the right to refuse entry to them if they behave anti-socially and/or appear to be intoxicated and/or under the influence of drugs.
26. The Co-Promoter, Prize Provider and Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to a winner and/or parents/legal guardians under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the Prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or parents/legal guardians shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
27. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Co-Promoter, Promoter and Prize Provider’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Co-Promoter, Promoter and Prize Provider or deceit or fraud by the Co-Promoter, Promoter and Prize Provider.
28. Prize Provider disclaims any and all liability relating to the administration and/or promotion of the Competition.
29. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
30. The name of any winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to McNugget Music Festival Competition, Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited, 17 – 29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the Competition closes.
31. Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited is the data controller for the purposes of this Competition and is responsible for your personal data. Unless entrants opt in to receive further marketing at the time of entry, any personal information, including without limitation, the entrant's name, age, address (including postcode), telephone number and/or email address will be used solely in connection with this Competition and as set out in these Terms and will not be disclosed to any third party, except for the purpose of fulfilling a Prize where applicable. Any personal information held by Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited in respect of any Competition will be held on record for a short period for the purpose of ensuring fulfilment of the Competition and then destroyed.
32. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believe have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any means or form of machine-assisted intervention enabling computer (or software or program) generated multiple entries will be disqualified. The Promoter reserve the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
33. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waive their right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
34. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
35. Any queries (whether questions, comments, or complaints) regarding the Competition be addressed in writing to:
McNugget Music Festival Competition, Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited, 17 – 29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT; OR