TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MTV CRASHES COVENTRY COMPETITION 2016
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions and entrants agree that they have read and understood these terms and conditions and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one multiple choice question online at www.mtv.co.uk/coventry. Costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your network operator for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 17:00 (BST) on 13 May 2016.
4. This competition is open to residents of the UK only, aged eighteen (18) and over, excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
6. Winners will have answered the question correctly and will be the first entries randomly drawn on 16 May 2016 from all correct entries received.
7. Three (3) prize winners will be drawn.
8. The winners shall receive the following, for use by the winners and one (1) guest of each winner, provided that each guest is at least eighteen (18) years old:
• VIP tickets for both days of the MTV Crashes event taking place at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry on 27 and 28 May 2016 inclusive (the “Event”); and
• Two nights’ twin room accommodation in a 4* hotel of the Promoter’s choosing in Coventry, on a bed and breakfast basis
The winners and their guests are responsible for organising their own travel to and from Coventry and to and from the Event.
The winners acknowledge that they will be responsible for all room service costs and any additional charges or expenses incurred by them or their guests during their hotel stay, as well as any damage to any hotel property.
Tickets for the Event will be made available to the winners and their guests on the first day of the Event, either at the winners’ hotel or at the box office located at the Ricoh Arena. The Promoter will contact the winners to explain how they can collect their tickets.
The winners acknowledge and agree that in order to gain entry to the Event (and for the winners’ guests) they must ensure that they bring photographic ID and tickets with them. The winners and their guests acknowledge and agree that the venue management reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event if the winners and/or their guests do not have photographic ID, appear intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
THE WINNERS AND THEIR GUESTS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE EVENT ON 27 AND 28 MAY 2016 INCLUSIVE. NO OTHER DATES ARE AVAILABLE.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in paragraph 8 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, spending money are included.
10. The winners of the prizes are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
11. The winners will be notified by telephone within 24 hours of the prize draw and will receive written confirmation and full details of the prize by post or by email as soon as reasonably practicable following the notification by telephone.
12. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact any prize winner within 48 hours of the prize draw, the Promoter reserves the right to draw another winner.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
14. Entrants agree that the Promoter may use an entrant’s entry, name and/or likeness, voice, photographs and/or video footage of an entrant, biographical information provided by the entrants and/or any statement made by them concerning the competition and/or the prize(s) in connection with publicizing the competition, in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoter in its sole discretion sees fit.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative prize winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms and Conditions.
16. The winners may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all terms and conditions of the competition along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature prior to receiving their prize.
17. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
18. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
19. No purchase necessary.
20. The Promoter shall not be liable to the winners and/or any guests for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or Promoter’s personnel.
21. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners and/or any guests under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
22. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
23. Details can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, MTV Crashes Coventry Competition 2016, PO BOX 1381, London, NW1 8XT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
25. All entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice.
26. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
27. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, Camden Lock, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name: ………………………………….
Entrant’s Age: …………………………………………...
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………