TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MTV EMA TICKET GIVEAWAY TWITTER / INSTAGRAM COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. This Competition opens at 00:01 GMT on Wednesday 08 November 2017 (“Opening Date”) and the closing date is 15:00 GMT on Saturday 11 November 2017 (“Closing Date”).
3. To enter the competition, entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
(a) be a resident of the UK or the Republic of Ireland;
(b) be eighteen (18) years old or over;
(c) hold a Twitter or Instagram account; and
(d) not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited (the “Promoter”) and/or the Promoter’s respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
4. Entrants may enter the competition by following these steps between the Opening Date and the Closing Date:
(a) Visit either:
i. The MTV UK Instagram page (@MTVUK) and follow us; or,
ii. The MTV UK Twitter page (@MTVUK) and follow us; and,
(b) using the #TakeMeToTheEMAs hashtag, post a photograph or video of yourself with one of the giant EMA trophies, which are located at Trafalgar Square, Wembley, Camden Market or Boxpark Shoreditch (the “Entry Content”).
5. The Competition is made up of:
i. three (3) individual prize competitions (each an “Individual Prize Competition”); and,
ii. one (1) grand prize draw (the “Grand Prize Draw”).
6. There will be one (1) winner for each of the Individual Prize Competitions and one (1) winner of the Grand Prize Draw i.e. four (4) winners in total (each a “Winner”).
7. All valid Entries to the Individual Prize Competitions will automatically be entered into the Grand Prize Draw occurring at 15:01 GMT on Saturday 11 November 2017.
8. Winners will be selected at random by the Promoter from all valid entries containing the correct Entry Content on four (4) different dates as set out in clauses 12, 13 and 14.
9. The prizes are as follows:
i. The Winner of Individual Prize Competition #1 will receive two (2) tickets to the MTV Music Week event, “MTV Unplugged: Biffy Clyro” at Camden Roundhouse on Wednesday 08 November 2017 for himself/herself and one (1) guest;
ii. The Winner of Individual Prize Competition #2 will receive two (2) tickets to the MTV Music Week event, “Yo! MTV Raps: LDN” at XOYO in Shoreditch on Thursday 09 November 2017 for himself/herself and one (1) guest;
iii. The Winner of Individual Prize Competition #3 will receive two (2) tickets to the MTV Music Week event, “The Gallery: Club MTV Presents Bassjackers” at Ministry Of Sound in Southwark on Friday 10 November 2017 for himself/herself and one (1) guest;
iv. The Winner of the Grand Prize Draw will receive two (2) tickets to the MTV EMA 2017 live in London at the SSE Arena in Wembley on Sunday 12 November 2017 for himself/herself and one (1) guest,
(each a “Prize”)
10. Each of the Winners’ guests must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
11. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THE PRIZES DO NOT CONSIST OF ANYTHING OTHER THAN EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN TERM 8 ABOVE AND NO ADDITIONAL COSTS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION) ARE INCLUDED.
12. The Winners of the Individual Prize Competitions will be selected on the following dates:
i. Individual Prize Competition #1: 16:00 GMT on Wednesday 08 November 2017;
ii. Individual Prize Competition #2: 16:00 GMT on Thursday 09 November 2017; and,
iii. Individual Prize Competition #3: 16:00 GMT on Friday 10 November 2017;
(the “Individual Prize Competition Selection Dates”).
13. Entries selected on any of the Individual Prize Competition Selection Dates shall take into account all valid Entries submitted between the Opening Date and Closing Date, up to and including 15:00 GMT on the day of the relevant Selection Date.
14. The Winner of the Grand Prize Draw will be selected at 15:01 GMT on Saturday 11 November 2017.
15. All entrants must adhere to Twitter and Instagram’s rules or terms of service in respect of this competition.
16. All entrants confirm that:
(a) they are the person featuring in the Entry Content and they are the sole owner of any copyright in the Entry Content submitted by them. If they are not the sole owner, they confirm that they have obtained the consent of the relevant owner (and such owner has consented to the Entry Content being used in accordance with these Terms) including the consent of the person featuring in the Entry Content; and
(b) the Entry Content does not include any third party branding, logos, artwork or any other copyright work unless the entrant has obtained the consent of the relevant owner of any third party branding, logos and/or artwork and such owner has consented to the relevant branding, logos and/or artwork being used in the Entry Content in accordance with these Terms; and
(c) they have obtained the permission of any other person feature in the Entry Content and for the Entry Content to be used in accordance with these Terms.
17. The competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
18. No purchase necessary.
19. Multiple entries per day by the same entrant are permitted.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to contact any and/or all entrants by a direct message on either Twitter or Instagram throughout the term of the competition in relation to these Terms and the Prize.
21. Each Winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this competition prior to receiving the Prize.
22. Each Winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Prize description.
23. Each Winner will be notified individually by a direct message to his or her Twitter or Instagram account immediately after being selected. Upon notification each Winner will be asked to provide their name, age, address (including postcode), telephone contact number and e-mail address. The Promoter shall advise the Winners on how to collect the Prize within one (1) hour of each Winner providing his/her address to the Promoter.
24. In the event that the Promoters cannot for any reason establish contact with a Winner within one (1) hour of the Promoters’ initial attempt to do so, the Promoters reserve the right to immediately draw another Winner who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original Winner.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative Winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable ground for believing that a selected Winner has contravened any of these Terms.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative Winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected Winner has contravened any of Twitter or Instagram’s rules or terms of service.
27. Twitter and Instagram take on no responsibilities in respect of this competition. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram. Entrants will be providing information to Promoter only and not to Twitter or Instagram.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Promoter's opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select the Winners or where, in the Promoter’s opinion, improper conduct by an entrant (or any number of them) has rendered the competition unfair to all entrants. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any Winners of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
29. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and licensees a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, Entry Content, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this will include the Winner’s name, location, and Entry Content being broadcast on-air and posted across the Promoter’s social media platforms.
30. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
31. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a Winner.
32. All entrants hereby undertake that nothing in the Entry Content:
a) is defamatory;
b) is sexually explicit or suggestive, contains nudity or any dangerous activity or is profane, pornographic or violent;
c) is derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or endorses any form of hate or hate group;
d) promotes any particular political agenda or message;
e) reveals any personal information, including but not limited to license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; or
f) is otherwise offensive or illegal.
33. Decisions as to whether Entry Content infringes these Terms in any way shall be made at the sole discretion of the Promoter. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects within the Terms shall be disqualified.
34. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
35. The Prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prizes, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal value or greater value. The Prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier or venue.
36. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or any prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or its personnel.
37. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the Winners under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected Winners shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
38. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
39. The name of the Winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Cara Sterio, MTV EMA / Music Week Ticket Giveaway Twitter / Instagram Competition, Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
41. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries of any fashion, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
42. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
43. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
44. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
Cara Sterio, MTV EMA / Music Week Ticket Giveaway Twitter / Instagram Competition, Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.