TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MTV LIVE LOCKDOWN TWITTER COMPETITION – MARCH 2015
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by re-tweeting exactly and in full the competition call-to-action tweet “Retweet to win tickets to see @ConorMaynard & @EllaEyre LIVE for new show #MTVLiveLockdown” to be tweeted at any time from 09:00 GMT on 21 March 2015 to 10:00 GMT on 23 March 2015 (the “Entry Content”).
3. The closing time for entries is 10:00 GMT on 23 March 2015.
4. To enter the competition, entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
(a) be a resident of the UK;
(b) be eighteen (18) years old or over;
(c) hold a Twitter account; and
(d) not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or the Promoter’s respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. All entrants must adhere to Twitter’s rules or terms of service in respect of this competition.
6. Five (5) winners will be selected at random by the Promoter from all valid entries containing the correct Entry Content and which are received on or before the closing date.
7. Each winner will receive tickets for himself/herself and one (1) guest to the MTV Live Lockdown recording taking place at Three Mills Studios, 3 Mill Lane, London on 27 March 2015 (the “Prize”).
EACH WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE MTV LIVE LOCKDOWN RECORDING ON 27 MARCH 2015 AT THE ADDRESS DETAILED ABOVE. NO ALTERNATIVE DATE WILL BE AVAILABLE.
EACH WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OTHER ARRANGEMENTS, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) TRAVEL AND ANY NECESSARY ACCOMMODATION.
Each winner's guest must also be at least eighteen (18) years old.
The winners will be emailed e-tickets in order to gain entry to the MTV Live Lockdown recording. The winners and their guests must ensure that they bring a print-out of the e-tickets with them to the recording venue where the e-tickets will be exchanged for wristbands. The winners and their guests must also bring photographic ID with them. The winners and their guests acknowledge and agree that the management of the recording venue reserves the right to refuse entry to the venue if the winners and/or their guests appear intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
8. The competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
9. No purchase necessary.
10. One (1) entry per person. For the avoidance of doubt, this also applies where the same entrant uses multiple Twitter accounts. Multiple entries by the same entrant will be void and the entrant disqualified.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to contact any and/or all entrants by a direct message on Twitter throughout the term of the competition in relation to these Terms and the Prize.
12. The winners will be selected as soon as reasonably practicable after close of the competition on 23 March 2015.
13. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 7 above and no additional costs are included.
14. Each winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this competition prior to receiving the Prize.
15. Each winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Prize description.
16. Each winner will be notified individually by a direct message to his or her Twitter account within 24 hours of being selected. Upon notification each winner will be asked to provide their name, age, address (including postcode), telephone contact number and e-mail address. The Promoter shall send the e-tickets to the winners as soon as reasonably practicable after each winner provides his/her e-mail address to the Promoter.
17. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason establish contact with a winner within 24 hours of the Promoter’s initial attempt to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to immediately draw another winner who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original winner.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable ground for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of Twitter’s rules or terms of service.
20. Twitter takes on no responsibilities in respect of this competition. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. Entrants will be providing information to Promoter only and not to Twitter.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Promoter's opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select the winners or where, in the Promoter’s opinion, improper conduct by an entrant (or any number of them) has rendered the competition unfair to all entrants. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winners of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
22. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and licensees a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, Entry Content, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this will include the winner’s name, location, and Entry Content being broadcast on-air and posted across the Promoter’s social media platforms.
23. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant the Promoter the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph all their activities in connection with the competition and the Prize. Everything filmed, taped or recorded by the Promoter shall be known as “Footage”. All Footage shall be owned by the Promoter and all entrants agree that the Promoter can use any Footage in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoter in its sole discretion sees fit.
24. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Promoter with full title guarantee (and by way of assignment of present and future rights) all intellectual property rights in any Footage throughout the world for the full unexpired period of such rights and all renewals, reversions and extensions of such period as may be provided under any applicable law throughout the world.
25. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions and/or Footage to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
26. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
27. All entrants hereby undertake that nothing in the Entry Content:
a) is defamatory;
b) is sexually explicit or suggestive, contains nudity or any dangerous activity or is profane, pornographic or violent;
c) is derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or endorses any form of hate or hate group;
d) promotes any particular political agenda or message;
e) reveals any personal information, including but not limited to license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; or
f) is otherwise offensive or illegal.
28. Decisions as to whether Entry Content infringes these Terms in any way shall be made at the sole discretion of the Promoter. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects within the Terms shall be disqualified.
29. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
30. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal value or greater value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
31. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or any prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or its personnel.
32. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winners shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
33. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
34. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Charley Read, MTV Live Lockdown Twitter Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
36. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries of any fashion, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
37. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
38. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
39. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
Charley Read, MTV Live Lockdown Twitter Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.