TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MTV TRAX/THE SCRIPT TWITTER COMPETITION: BIRMINGHAM
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them. All entrants confirm that, if they are under the age of eighteen (18), they have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian before entering the competition.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by following these steps:
(a) Downloading the MTV Trax app; and
(b) Searching for the song “No Good in Goodbye” by The Script on the MTV Trax app; and
(c) Sharing this song on the entrant’s own Twitter page using the in-app share function on MTV Trax, and publishing their post on Twitter complete with the handle @mtvuk and the hashtag #MTVTrax (the “Entry Content”).
3. The closing time for entries is 17:00 (GMT) on 16 February 2015.
4. To enter the competition, entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
(a) be a resident of the UK;
(b) be sixteen (16) years old or over;
(c) hold a Twitter account; and
(d) not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV Networks Europe and/or Musicqubed Limited (the “Co-Promoters”) and/or the Co-Promoters’ respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. All entrants must adhere to Twitter’s rules or terms of service (as relevant) in respect of this competition.
6. One (1) winner will be selected at random by the Co-Promoters from all valid entries containing the correct Entry Content and which are received on or before the closing date.
7. The winner shall receive:
• One (1) pair of tickets to The Script concert taking place at the LG Arena in Birmingham on 26 February 2015 (the “Concert”); and
• One (1) poster of The Script, signed by members of The Script
The winner is entitled to take one (1) guest to the Concert. The winner’s guest must be at least sixteen (16) years old. If the winner is aged under eighteen (18) years old, the winner’s guest must be at least eighteen (18) years old. The winner can only take a guest under the age of eighteen (18) if the winner himself/herself is aged at least eighteen (18).
THE WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE CONCERT ON 26 FEBRUARY 2015 AND MUST MAKE THEIR OWN TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
The winner acknowledges and agrees that in order to gain entry to the Concert (and for the winner’s guest), they must ensure that they bring their tickets with them in the same state that they were provided to them. The winner and his/her guest acknowledge and agree that the Concert venue management reserve the right to refuse entry to the Concert venue if the winner and/or his/her guest appear intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
8. The competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
9. No purchase necessary.
10. One (1) entry per person. For the avoidance of doubt, this also applies where the same entrant uses multiple Twitter accounts. Multiple entries by the same entrant will be void and the entrant disqualified.
11. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to contact any and/or all entrants by a direct message on Twitter throughout the term of the competition in relation to these Terms and the Prize.
12. The winner will be selected on 16 February 2015.
13. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 7 above and no additional costs are included.
14. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if they are under eighteen (18) years of age) prior to receiving the Prize.
15. The winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Prize description.
16. The winner will be notified individually by a direct message to his or her Twitter account immediately after the winner is selected. Upon notification the winner will be asked to provide their name, age, address (including postcode), telephone contact number and e-mail address. The winner shall receive the tickets for the Concert and the signed poster by registered post at least three (3) days before the date of the Concert.
17. In the event that the Co-Promoters cannot for any reason establish contact with the winner within twenty-four (24) hours of the Co-Promoters’ initial attempt to do so, the Co-Promoters reserve the right to immediately draw another winner who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original winner.
18. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Co-Promoters have reasonable ground for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
19. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Co-Promoters have reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of Twitter’s rules or terms of service.
20. Twitter take on no responsibilities in respect of this competition. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. Entrants will be providing information to Co-Promoters only and not to Twitter.
21. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Co-Promoters’ opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Co-Promoters to be able to select the winner or where, in the Co-Promoters’ opinion, improper conduct by an entrant (or any number of them) has rendered the competition unfair to all entrants. The Co-Promoters’ decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winners of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
22. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant to the Co-Promoters and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and licensees a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, Entry Content, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this will include the winner’s name, location, and Entry Content being broadcast on-air and posted across the Co-Promoters’ social media platforms.
23. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Co-Promoters, the Co-Promoters’ affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
24. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
25. All entrants hereby undertake that nothing in the Entry Content:
(a) is defamatory;
(b) is sexually explicit or suggestive, contains nudity or any dangerous activity or is profane, pornographic or violent;
(c) is derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or endorses any form of hate or hate group;
(d) promotes any particular political agenda or message;
(e) reveals any personal information, including but not limited to licence plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; or
(f) is otherwise offensive or illegal.
26. Decisions as to whether Entry Content infringes these Terms in any way shall be made at the sole discretion of the Co-Promoters. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects within the Terms shall be disqualified.
27. The Co-Promoters can accept no responsibility for entries delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
28. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Co-Promoters’ control the Co-Promoters are unable to provide the stated Prize, the Co-Promoters reserve the right to award a substitute prize of equal value or greater value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
29. The Co-Promoters shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or any prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Co-Promoters and/or the Co-Promoters’ personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Co-Promoters and/or its personnel.
30. The Co-Promoters shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winners shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
31. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
32. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Charley Read, MTV Trax/The Script Twitter Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
34. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Co-Promoters believe have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries of any fashion, will be disqualified. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
35. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Co-Promoters on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Co-Promoters waive their right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Co-Promoters from complaining about other breaches.
36. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
37. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
Charley Read, MTV Trax/The Script Twitter Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT