TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR #MTVBRANDNEW TWITTER COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. The competition will consist of three (3) separate phases (each a “Phase”). The opening and closing times and dates for each Phase are as follows:
Phase | Opening Time/ Date | Closing Time/ Date
1 | Midday on 10 December 2015 | 10.00 am on 17 December 2015
2 | Midday on 6 January 2016 | 10.00 am on 13 January 2016
3 | Midday on 14 January 2016 | 10.00 am on 21 January 2016
Each Phase opening date is an “Opening Date” and each Phase closing date is a “Closing Date”.
3. Entrants may enter one or more Phases of the competition by following these steps:
(i) following MTV UK on Twitter at https://twitter.com/MTVUK; and
(ii) tweeting #MTVBrandNew and the name of the artist taking part in MTV Brand New 2016 that the entrant would like to vote for from midday on the relevant Opening Date to 10.00 am on the relevant Closing Date (the “Entry Content”).
4. The closing time for entries is 10.00 am on the Closing Date of each Phase.
5. To enter each Phase, entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
(a) be a resident of the UK or the Republic of Ireland;
(b) be eighteen (18) years old or over;
(c) hold a Twitter account; and
(d) not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or the Promoter’s respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. All entrants must adhere to Twitter’s rules or terms of service in respect of this competition.
7. Three (3) winners will be selected at random per Phase by the Promoter from all valid entries during the applicable Phase.
8. Each winner will receive one (1) MTV goodie bag containing:
i. One (1) MTV pen;
ii. One (1) MTV notebook;
iii. One (1) Armani perfume (the edition and volume of the perfume shall be at the sole determination of the Promoter); and
iv. Entry for the winner and one guest (who must be eighteen (18) years old or over) to one (1) of the MTV Brand New gigs to be held during January 2016 in London. Entry may be in via tickets or by having names added to the guestlist at the entrance of the gig. (The gig that each winner receives entry to will be at the sole discretion of the Promoter and full details and any tickets may not be provided until after the rest of the prize has been delivered)
(together the “Prize”).
9. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 8 above and no additional costs or expenses whatsoever are included, including without limitation, travel or accomodation.
10. The competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
11. No purchase necessary.
12. Each entrant can enter each and all of the Phases as many times as they would like but can only win one (1) of the Phases. If a winner of one (1) Phase is selected as a winner of any subsequent Phase, the Promoter will select an alternative winner for that subsequent Phase.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to contact any and/or all entrants by a direct message on Twitter throughout the term of the competition in relation to these Terms and the Prize.
14. The three (3) winners of each Phase will be selected after 10.00 am on the Closing Date of that Phase.
15. Each winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this competition prior to receiving the Prize.
16. Each winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Prize description.
17. Each winner will be notified individually by a direct message to his or her Twitter account within twenty four (24) hours of being selected. Upon notification each winner will be asked to provide their name, age, address (including postcode), telephone contact number and e-mail address.
18. The Promoter shall despatch the Prize within one business day of each winner providing his/her address to the Promoter. Entrance for each wnner and their guest to the applicable MTV Brand New gig may be in the form of two (2) tickets which may dispatched after the rest of the Prize or alternatively each winner and their guest will be added to the guestlist on the door.
19. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason establish contact with a winner within twenty four (24) hours of the Promoter’s initial attempt to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to immediately draw another winner who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original winner.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable ground for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms and/or any of Twitter’s rules or terms of service.
21. Twitter takes on no responsibilities in respect of this competition. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. Entrants will be providing information to Promoter only and not to Twitter.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prizes in the event that, in the Promoter's opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select the winners or where, in the Promoter’s opinion, improper conduct by an entrant (or any number of them) has rendered the competition unfair to all entrants. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winners of the Prizes. No correspondence will be entered into.
23. All entrants hereby undertake that nothing in the Entry Content:
a) is defamatory;
b) is sexually explicit or suggestive, contains nudity or any dangerous activity or is profane, pornographic or violent;
c) is derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or endorses any form of hate or hate group;
d) promotes any particular political agenda or message;
e) reveals any personal information, including but not limited to license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; or
f) is otherwise offensive or illegal.
24. Decisions as to whether Entry Content infringes these Terms in any way shall be made at the sole discretion of the Promoter. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects within the Terms shall be disqualified.
25. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
26. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal value or greater value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
27. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or any Prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or its personnel.
28. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winners shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
29. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
30. The names of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: “MTV Brand New” Twitter Competition, Digital Media Department, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
32. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries of any fashion, will be disqualified.
33. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
34. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
35. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
“MTV Brand New” Twitter Competition, Digital Media Department, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.