TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR #MTVSELFIE INSTAGRAM COMPETITION – AUGUST 2014
KEY TERMS FOR THE #MTVSELFIE INSTAGRAM COMPETITION – AUGUST 2014
1. Competition is open to residents of the UK only, aged 18 and over.
2. Internet access required. No purchase necessary.
3. Competition closes at midday on 11 August 2014.
4. One (1) entry per person.
5. Two (2) winners will be drawn randomly from all valid entries received.
6. The winners shall be responsible for all applicable taxes.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR #MTVSELFIE INSTAGRAM COMPETITION – AUGUST 2014
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by:
(i) following MTV UK on Instagram at www.instagram.com/mtvuk; and
(ii) using the #MTVSelfie hashtag, upload a selfie photograph of themselves and a friend to @mtvuk (the “Entry Content”).
3. The closing time for entries is midday on 11 August 2014.
4. To enter the competition, entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
(a) be a resident of the UK only;
(b) be eighteen (18) years old or over;
(c) hold an Instagram account; and
(d) not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or the Promoter’s respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies (and any other person professionally connected with this competition will also be ineligible).
6. Two (2) winners will be selected at random by the Promoter from all valid entries containing the correct Entry Content and which are received on or before the closing time.
7. Each winner shall receive two (2) VIP tickets with standard Camping for V Festival 2014 at Weston Park, Staffordshire on 16 – 17 August 2014 (the “Prize”). The winning entries will also be mentioned on the MTV UK Twitter and Instagram accounts.
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THE PRIZE IS NOT REDEEMABLE FOR, NOR ARE TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR THE WINNERS TO, V FESTIVAL 2014 AT WESTON PARK, CHELMSFORD. EACH WINNER’S GUEST MUST ALSO BE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD OR OVER ON THE DAY OF THE FESTIVAL AND THE PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE TRAVEL TO/FROM THE FESTIVAL, SPENDING MONEY, CAMPING EQUIPMENT OR ANY OTHER EXPENSES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ATTENDANCE AT THE FESTIVAL.
8. All entrants confirm that:
(a) they are the person featuring in the Entry Content and they are the sole owner of any copyright in the Entry Content submitted by them. If they are not the sole owner, they confirm that they have obtained the consent of the relevant owner (and such owner has consented to the Entry Content being used in accordance with these Terms);
(b) the Entry Content does not include any third party branding, logos, artwork or any other copyright work unless the entrant has obtained the consent of the relevant owner of any third party branding, logos and/or artwork and such owner has consented to the relevant branding, logos and/or artwork being used in the Entry Content in accordance with these Terms; and
(c) they have obtained the permission of any other person feature in the Entry Content and for the Entry Content to be used in accordance with these Terms.
9. The competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your network operator for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
10. No purchase necessary.
11. One (1) entry per person. For the avoidance of doubt, this also applies where the same entrant uses multiple Instagram accounts. Multiple entries by the same entrant will be void and the entrant disqualified.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to contact any and/or all entrants by direct message on Instagram throughout the term of the competition in relation to these Terms and the Prize.
13. The winners will be selected on 11 August 2014.
14. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 7 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, travel costs, spending money, camping equipment or any other expenses) shall be paid by Promoter.
15. Each winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this competition prior to receiving the Prize.
16. Each winner is responsible for all applicable taxes.
17. Each winner will be notified individually by direct message to his or her Instagram account on 11 August 2014. Upon notification each winner will be asked to provide their name, age, address (including postcode), telephone contact number and e-mail address. The Promoter shall deliver the Prize no later than seven (7) days prior to the first day of the festival, provided that each winner has given his/her address to the Promoter.
18. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason establish contact any winner within twenty four (24) hours of the Promoter’s initial attempt to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to immediately draw another winner who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original winners.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
21. Instagram takes on no responsibilities in respect of this competition. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Entrants will be providing information to Promoter only and not to Instagram.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Promoter's opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select the winners. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winners of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
23. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, Entry Content, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this will include each winner’s name, location, and Entry Content being broadcast on-air and posted across the Promoter’s social media platforms.
24. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
25. By entering the competition, entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment.
26. All entrants hereby undertake that nothing in the Entry Content:
a) is defamatory;
b) is sexually explicit or suggestive, contains nudity or any dangerous activity or is profane, pornographic or violent;
c) is derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or endorses any form of hate or hate group;
d) promotes any particular political agenda or message;
e) reveals any personal information, including but not limited to license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; or
f) is otherwise offensive or illegal.
27. Decisions as to whether Entry Content infringes these Terms in any way shall be made at the sole discretion of the Promoter. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects within the Terms shall be disqualified.
28. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
29. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal value or greater value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
30. The Promoter shall not be liable to the winners and/or their guests for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or the Prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or its personnel.
31. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners and/or their guests under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising, without limitation, out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; and/or (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars). For the avoidance of doubt, the winner and/or guest shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
32. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
33. Details can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: FAO UK Digital Media, #MTVSelfie Instagram Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
35. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
36. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
37. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
38. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
FAO UK Digital Media, #MTVSelfie Instagram Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.