TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ‘ON THE ROAD WITH MTV’ FESTIVAL TICKETS COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by:
(i) Answering one (1) multiple choice question (“MCQ”) online at URL http://www.mtv.co.uk/ontheroad;
(ii) Following submission of their answer to the MCQ, selecting their preferred festival to attend out of five (5) options, being
1. South Central - 25-26 May 2019
2. Inside Out - 1 June 2019
3. Strawberries and Creem - 15 June 2019
4. Made - 27 July 2019
5. Fusion - 31 August – 1 September 2019
3. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the MCQ.
4. Costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
5. The opening date for entries is Wednesday 13 March 2019 at 10:00AM BST, and the closing date for entries is Wednesday 15 May 2019 at 17:00 BST.
6. This competition is open to residents of the UK and Ireland only aged eighteen (18) years and over, excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited (the “Promoter”) and the producers and promoters of the Festivals or their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
7. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant may be disqualified.
8. Entrants who have answered the MCQ correctly will be entered into a prize draw for the particular Festival they select only. Five (5) winners will be selected in total across the competition, one (1) winner per Festival. These will be the entries drawn randomly from all correct entries received in respect of each Festival.
9. The winners will be selected on Thursday 16 May 2019.
10. The winners shall receive two (2) VIP tickets (one (1) ticket for the winner, plus one (1) guest pass) to the Festival they selected in their competition entry.
11. Any winner (and any guest, as relevant) must be available to attend their chosen Festival on the applicable Date(s) set out at paragraph 2(ii) above. No alternative dates or Festivals will be available.
12. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize(s) will not consist of anything other than expressly set out in paragraph 10 above and no additional costs are included. Entrants acknowledge that should they be selected as a winner, they and their guest shall be responsible for making their own way to the relevant Festival, and no travel or accommodation whatsoever will be included in the prize, or otherwise provided by the Promoter.
13. The winners may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition prior to receiving their prize.
14. A winner of any prize is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
15. A winner will be notified by telephone or email within forty-eight (48) hours of being selected as a winner, following which they will receive their prize in an appropriate manner decided by the Promoter. For any prize deliverable by post, a winner shall receive their prize within twenty eight (28) days of being notified that they are a winner (although in advance of the date of their chosen Festival).
16. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact the prize winner within forty-eight (48) hours of first attempting to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner on the same basis as used to select the original winner.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to select alternative winner(s) in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that any selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize(s) in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select winners. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. Entrants acknowledge that there may be backstage filming crews present throughout any of the Festivals, and that incidental footage featuring the winner may be recorded and exploited without limitation by the Promoter.
20. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
21. Prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide a stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are subject to any additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer, supplier or venue (as relevant).
22. No purchase necessary.
23. Entry to all Festivals shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant Festival, and any further terms and conditions imposed by the venue owner and/or Festival organisers. Entry shall be further subject to the winner (and their guest if relevant) showing valid permission to enter the Festival and/or ID if requested. Competition entrants hereby acknowledge that the Festival organisers and their employees may reserve the right to refuse entry to them if they behave anti-socially and/or appear to be intoxicated and/or under the influence of drugs.24. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to a winner under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
25. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
26. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
27. The name of any winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited, 17 – 29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
28. Unless entrants opt in to receive further marketing at the time of entry, any personal information, including without limitation, the entrant's name, age, address (including postcode), telephone number and/or email address will be used solely in connection with this competition and as set out in these Terms and will not be disclosed to any third party, except for the purpose of fulfilling a prize where applicable. Any personal information held by the Promoter in respect of any competition will be held on record for a short period for the purpose of ensuring fulfilment of the competition and then destroyed.
29. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any means or form of machine-assisted intervention enabling computer (or software or program) generated multiple entries will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
30. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
31. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
32. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited, 17 – 29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………