TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR OTTERBOX & ISLE OF MTV MALTA COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by going to the following website (as applicable):
and completing the competition entry form. Costs to enter the competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 12:00 (midday) (GMT) on 12 June 2018.
4. This competition is open to residents of the following listed countries only:
France, Germany, and United Kingdom
5. To enter the competition, entrants must be eighteen (18) or over at the date of entry. This competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited (the “Promoter”) or Otter Products EMEA (“OtterBox”) or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. All entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the prize do/does not contravene any local laws or regulations in the country in which they are resident. This competition shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law.
7. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
8. All entries must include name, age, country of residence, email address and telephone number of entrant.
9. One winner will be selected. This will be the first entry randomly drawn from all correct entries received.
10. The winner will be selected on 12 June 2018 after the competition closes.
11. The winner shall receive:
A luxury stay in Malta from 26 June 2018 to 28 June 2018 (inclusive) for the winner and a friend (to be aged 18 or over), with tickets to the Isle of MTV event on 27 June 2018 (the “Event”) which includes:
• a two (2) night stay in a twin room at a minimum 4-star hotel;
• return flights from the international airport nearest to the winner;
• airport transfers within Malta;
• €500 (five hundred euros) spending money (€250 for each of the winner and their guest);
• standard travel insurance; and
• two (2) “Golden Circle” tickets to the Event.
Approximate prize value is £1900 (one thousand nine hundred pounds sterling) depending on where a winner is resident.
THE WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TRAVEL ON 26 JUNE 2018 AND DEPART ON 28 JUNE 2018. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
The winner and the winner’s guest must hold a valid EU passport and any other necessary travel documentation (including, without limitation, visas where necessary) and should obtain any necessary additional travel insurance if required.
12. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 11 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, additional spending money) are included.
13. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition prior to receiving their prize.
14. The winner of the prize is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
15. The winner will be notified by telephone within one (1) working day of being selected and will receive written confirmation and full details of the prize by e-mail within three (3) working days of being notified that they are a winner.
16. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact the prize winner within twenty four (24) hours of first attempting to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner (and so on), who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that the selected winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
20. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
21. The prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
22. No purchase necessary.
23. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes, global health crises or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
24. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
25. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
26. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, United Kingdom (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
28. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified.
29. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
30. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
31. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.