TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PARKLIFE COMPETITION 2017
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition online at URL www.mtv.co.uk/parklife by answering a multiple choice question. Costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is Thursday 9 March 2017 at 5:00pm.
4. This competition is open to residents of the UK and Ireland only aged 17 and over, excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of Viacom Brand Solutions Limited (the “Promoter”), MTV Networks Europe, Parklife Manchester Limited or their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant may be disqualified.
6. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address and telephone number of entrant.
7. There will be 1 winner. The winner will have answered the question correctly and will be the first entry randomly drawn by a random generator tool or selected at random by an independent individual.
8. The winner will be selected on Friday 10 March 2017.
9. The winner shall receive, in respect of Parklife Festival, to be held at Heaton Park, Manchester, M25 2SW on 10 and 11 June 2017 (the “Event”):
- 4 weekend VIP tickets (for the winner and 3 of the winner’s guests), which include queue jump, access to luxury toilets and VIP areas on site;
- a buggy ride around the Event site; and
- the chance to watch a headline act from the side of the stage.
(together, the “Prize”)
IF THE WINNER IS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, AT LEAST ONE GUEST MUST BE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN AGED OVER 18. ALL ATTENDEES AT THE EVENT MUST BE AGED 17 OR OVER. EACH WINNER AND GUEST MUST BRING IDENTIFICATION TO OBTAIN ENTRY TO THE EVENT AND TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGES.
THE WINNER (AND THE WINNER’S GUESTS) MUST ARRANGE THEIR OWN TRANSPORT TO AND FROM THE EVENT AND WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OTHER EXPENSES, INCLUDING ACCOMODATION, FOOD AND DRINK.
THE WINNER (AND THE WINNER’S GUESTS) MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE EVENT ON 10 AND 11 JUNE 2017. NO ALTERNATIVE DATE(S) WILL BE AVAILABLE.
10. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize will not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 9 above and no additional costs are included.
11. A winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if they are under eighteen (18) years of age) prior to receiving their prize.
12. A winner of the Prize is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
13. A winner will be notified by telephone within 7 days of being selected. The Prize will be sent to the winner via an E-ticket by email prior to the Event.
14. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact any prize winner within 24 hours of first attempting to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner on the same basis as used to select the original winner.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative prize winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that any selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
16. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a prize winner.
18. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and its licensees a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, copy, display, publish, distribute and otherwise exploit their submission (in whole or in part), including (without limitation) entrant’s name, entry, likeness, voice, text, biographical information, video, design(s) or audio material in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
19. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
20. The Prize is as stated and non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide a stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are subject to any additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer, supplier or venue (as relevant).
21. No purchase necessary.
22. The Promoter shall not be liable to the winners and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or Promoter’s personnel.
23. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to a winner, a winner’s guests and/or any of their parents/legal guardians under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or parents/legal guardians shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
24. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
25. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
26. The name of any winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, Digital Media, Park Life Competition,17 – 29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
28. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any means or form of machine-assisted intervention enabling computer (or software or program) generated multiple entries will be disqualified.
29. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
30. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
31. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, Digital Media, Park Life Competition, 17 – 29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.