TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PITCH PERFECT 2 TWITTER COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by following these steps:
using the #PitchPerfect2 hashtag, tweet a photograph of themselves with a friend to @MTVUK at any time from 10:00 BST on 29 April 2015 to 17:00 BST on 20 May 2015 (the “Entry Content”).
3. The closing time for entries is 17:00 BST on 20 May 2015.
4. To enter the competition, entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
(a) be a resident of the UK;
(b) be eighteen (18) years old or over;
(c) hold a Twitter account; and
(d) not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of Universal Pictures, MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or the Promoter’s or Universal Pictures’ respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. All entrants must adhere to Twitter’s rules or terms of service in respect of this competition.
6. One (1) winner will be selected at random by the Promoter from all valid entries containing the correct Entry Content and which are received on or before the closing date.
7. The winner will be entitled to receive one (1) of the following prize options (each, a “Prize”):
(a) Prize Option One: Pitch Perfect Weekend Experience
The winner shall receive for himself/herself and three (3) guests:
• A two (2) night stay in a two (2) bedroom luxury apartment in London;
• A luxury fresh breakfast hamper provided to the apartment in London;
• A ‘make your own music video’ experience consisting of a two (2) hour session* in a professional studio in Soho, London, with make-up artists, a video director and choreographer;
• One (1) glass of sparkling wine for the winner and each guest at the music video recording session;
• One (1) souvenir DVD of the music video created for the winner only**;
• A private cocktail making masterclass to take place at a Revolution cocktail bar in central London;
• A three (3) course dinner from a set menu (to be consumed at the Revolution bar where the cocktail making masterclass is to take place);
• One (1) jug of cocktails to share and a tray of shots (comprising one (1) shot for each of the winner and his/her guests) to be consumed at the Revolution bar where the cocktail making masterclass takes place; and
• An allowance of £100 Sterling for travel expenses for the group as a whole.
*The music video recording session at a studio in Soho will be booked by Universal Pictures and is subject to availability.
**If the winner’s guests wish to obtain a copy of the souvenir DVD they can purchase a copy for £10 each.
(b) Prize Option Two: Shopping Experience
The winner shall receive for himself/herself and one (1) guest:
• A gift card with a total value of £750* to be redeemed at one (1) of the Selfridges stores located in London, Manchester or Birmingham;
• An overnight stay in a five star luxury hotel on a bed and breakfast basis, in a twin or double room, in the same city where the winner and guest redeemed their Selfridges shopping experience (i.e. London, Manchester or Birmingham);
• First class train travel from the winner’s nearest mainland UK railway station to London, Manchester or Birmingham, up to a total value of £150 Sterling*;
• Either a lunch or an afternoon tea at a hotel or restaurant in London, Manchester or Birmingham (the lunch or afternoon tea will have a total value of £60 and will take place in the city where the winner and guest redeemed their Selfridges shopping experience)
*For the avoidance of doubt, both the £150 travel allowance and the £750 gift card are the total amounts for the winner and his/her guest together and not individually.
(c) Prize Option Three: Spa Break
The winner shall receive for himself/herself and three (3) guests:
• An overnight stay at a Champney’s spa resort in the UK* (the “Spa”), on the basis of the winner and his/her guests sharing two (2) double or twin rooms at the Spa;
• A choice of two (2) treatments at the Spa from the following menu of options, each of which shall have a duration of 25 minutes:
o a massage,
o a facial,
o an aromatherapy wrap;
o a ‘Head in the Clouds’ scalp massage;
• A three (3) course buffet lunch at the Spa (excluding drinks);
• A three (3) course evening meal at the Spa (excluding drinks);
• Access to fitness classes** at the Spa; and
• A total travel allowance of £100 (to be shared between the winner and his/her guests)
*The winner can choose their preferred Champney’s spa resort in the UK, however the winner and his/her guests acknowledge and accept that this prize package cannot be redeemed at a Champney’s day spa. A Champney’s spa resort is of a similar standard to a 3 or 4 star hotel.
**The fitness classes vary by location and are subject to availability. Typically, fitness classes last an hour long each.
Terms applicable to all Prize options:
The Prize option package chosen by the winner must be redeemed in full by 30 April 2016. Where travel is included in a Prize option, this excludes travel on Christmas Day, Boxing Day (or any bank holiday in lieu of Boxing Day), Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday and all other UK bank holidays.
Where a Prize option includes accommodation, the winner acknowledges that they will be responsible for all room service costs and any additional charges or expenses incurred by them or their guests during their stay, as well as any damage to any hotel or apartment property.
For all Prize options, the winner must book the relevant Prize option at least 28 days in advance of the date he/she intends to redeem the Prize. If any subsequent amendments are made by the winner (for example, if the winner and his/her guests wish to add an extra night of accommodation or book a different restaurant) then the winner will be responsible for any additional or administration charges required to effect the amendment(s). The winner will not be entitled to a refund or replacement prize in the event of cancellaton by the winner.
The winner’s guests must all be at least eighteen (18) years of age. The winner and his/her guests acknowledge and accept that further height, weight, and/or health restrictions may apply to some activities.
The winner and his/her guests further acknowledge and accept that the activities in one or more of the Prize options are seasonal in nature and may only be available on certain dates. All Prize options are subject to availability.
8. All entrants confirm that:
(a) they are one of the people featuring in the Entry Content and they are the sole owner of any copyright in the Entry Content submitted by them; and
(b) the Entry Content does not include any third party branding, logos, artwork or any other copyright work unless the entrant has obtained the consent of the relevant owner of any third party branding, logos and/or artwork and such owner has consented to the relevant branding, logos and/or artwork being used in the Entry Content in accordance with these Terms; and
(c) they have obtained the permission of the person featuring in the Entry Content and for the Entry Content to be used in accordance with these Terms.
9. The competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
10. No purchase necessary.
11. Entrants may enter as many times as they like.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to contact any and/or all entrants by a direct message on Twitter throughout the term of the competition in relation to these Terms and the Prize.
13. The winner will be selected on 21 May 2015.
14. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 7 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, travel insurance) are included.
15. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this competition prior to receiving the Prize.
16. The winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Prize description.
17. The winner will be notified individually by a direct message to his or her Twitter account as soon as reasonably practicable after the winner is selected. Upon notification the winner will be asked to provide their name, age, address (including postcode), telephone contact number and e-mail address.
18. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason establish contact with the winner within one (1) month of the Promoter’s initial attempt to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to immediately draw another winner who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original winner.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable ground for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of Twitter’s rules or terms of service.
21. Twitter takes on no responsibilities in respect of this competition. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. Entrants will be providing information to Promoter only and not to Twitter.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Promoter's opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select the winner or where, in the Promoter’s opinion, improper conduct by an entrant (or any number of them) has rendered the competition unfair to all entrants. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winners of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
23. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and licensees a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, Entry Content, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this will include the winner’s name, location, and Entry Content being broadcast on-air and posted across the Promoter’s social media platforms.
24. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
25. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
26. All entrants hereby undertake that nothing in the Entry Content:
a) is defamatory;
b) is sexually explicit or suggestive, contains nudity or any dangerous activity or is profane, pornographic or violent;
c) is derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or endorses any form of hate or hate group;
d) promotes any particular political agenda or message;
e) reveals any personal information, including but not limited to license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; or
f) is otherwise offensive or illegal.
27. Decisions as to whether Entry Content infringes these Terms in any way shall be made at the sole discretion of the Promoter. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects within the Terms shall be disqualified.
28. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
29. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal value or greater value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
30. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or any prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or its personnel.
31. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
32. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
33. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: VBS Digital, Pitch Perfect 2 Twitter Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
35. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries of any fashion, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
36. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
37. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
38. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
VBS Digital, Pitch Perfect 2 Twitter Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.