TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE BASSBUDS COMPETITION – JULY 2014
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by entering their personal details and answering a multiple choice question online at www.mtv.co.uk/bassbuds.
3. The closing time for entries is midday on 18 August 2014.
4. This competition is open to residents of the UK only, aged 18 and over, excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe and Electro Box Limited (the “Promoters”) and/or the Promoters’ respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies (and any other person professionally connected with this competition will also be ineligible).
5. One (1) winner will be selected at random by the Promoters from all valid entries that have correctly answered the multiple choice question and which are received on or before the closing time.
6. The winner shall receive:
(i) two (2) return flights from a UK airport to be determined based upon the winner’s resident location to Ibiza, departing on 22 September 2014 and returning on 26 September 2014 (20kg baggage allowance per person);
(ii) three (3) nights’ accommodation for two at the Nereida Club Aparthotel, San Antonio on a twin room bed and breakfast basis;
(iii) transfers between Ibiza Airport and the hotel; and
(iv) a BassBuds goody bag containing Swarovski BassBuds earphones, a portable
BassBoomz Bluetooth speaker and a BassBuds branded towel
(together the “Prizes”).
THE WINNER MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TRAVEL TO IBIZA ON 22 SEPTEMBER 2014 AND RETURN ON 26 SEPTEMBER 2014, AND NO OTHER DATES SHALL BE AVAILABLE TO REDEEM THE TRIP. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THE WINNER’S GUEST MUST ALSO BE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD OR OVER ON THE DAY OF THE OF THE OUTBOUND FLIGHT AND THE PRIZES DO NOT INCLUDE TRAVEL TO/FROM THE UK AIRPORT, SPENDING MONEY OR ANY OTHER EXPENSES INCURRED.
7. The competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your network operator for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
8. No purchase necessary.
9. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries by the same entrant will be void and the entrant disqualified. All entries must include the name, date of birth, telephone number and e-mail address of the entrant and an answer to the question.
10. The winner will be selected on 18 August 2014.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prizes do not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 6 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, travel insurance, spending money or any other expenses) shall be paid by Promoters.
12. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this competition prior to receiving the Prizes.
13. The winner shall be responsible for all applicable taxes.
14. The winner will be notified by telephone on 19 August 2014.
15. In the event that the Promoters cannot for any reason establish contact with the winner within twenty four (24) hours of the Promoters’ initial attempt to do so, the Promoters reserve the right to immediately draw another winner who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original winner.
16. The Promoters shall book the flights and hotel stay upon the winner providing the information required for the booking. The Promoters will then e-mail the winner booking confirmations for the flights and hotel stay. The Promoters shall deliver the goody bag to the winner within twenty eight (28) days of the winner providing their address to the Promoters.
17. The Promoters reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoters have reasonable grounds for believing that the selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
18. The Promoters reserve the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prizes in the event that, in the Promoters’ opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoters to be able to select a winner. The Promoters’ decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of the winner. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoters and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this will include the winner’s name and location being broadcast on-air and posted across the Promoters’ social media platforms.
20. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoters, the Promoters’ affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
21. By entering the competition, entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include without limitation the entrant’s name and/or likeness, voice, photographs and/or video footage of the entrant, biographical information provided by the entrants and/or any statement made by them concerning the competition and/or the Prizes. Entrants agree that any or all such elements may be used by the Promoters in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoters in their sole discretion see fit.
22. The Promoters can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoters shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
23. The Prizes are as stated and non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoters’ control the Promoters are unable to provide the stated Prizes, the Promoters reserve the right to award substitute prizes of equal or greater value. The Prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
24. The Promoters shall not be liable to the winners and/or their guests for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or the Prizes other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoters and/or the Promoters’ personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoters and/or Promoters’ personnel.
25. The Promoters shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners and/or their guests under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond their reasonable control including without limitation delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising, without limitation, out of or in connection with (i) the activities or third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the Prizes. For the avoidance of doubt, the winner and/or guest shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
26. The winner will be solely responsible for and hereby indemnifies and holds the Promoters harmless in respect of any losses, costs, liabilities or damages suffered or incurred by the Promoters as a result of any of his/her acts and/or omissions in connection with the Prizes and those of his/her guest (including without limitation any damage caused or room service costs and expenses (such as costs of room service or refreshments) incurred in connection with hotel rooms or train journeys provided as part of the Prize).
27. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
28. Details can be obtained by sending a stamped, self- addressed envelope to FAO Digital Media Team, BassBuds Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, Camden Lock, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
30. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoters believe have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoters reserve the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
31. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoters on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoters or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoters waive their right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoters from complaining about other breaches.
32. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
33. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
FAO MTV Digital Media Team, BassBuds Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, Camden Lock, London, NW1 8TT.