TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE FAULT IN OUR STARS SUNDOWN VIP FESTIVAL TRIP COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one (1) multiple choice question online at URL www.mtv.co.uk/thefaultinourstars. Costs to enter the competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is midnight (BST) on 30 June 2014.
4. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
5. To enter the competition, entrants must be sixteen (16) or over at the date of entry. This competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or 20th Century Fox or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. All entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the prize(s) does not contravene any local laws or regulations in the country in which they are resident. This competition shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law.
7. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
8. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
9. One (1) winner will be selected by random draw from the pool of correct entries received. The random draw will take place within 24 hours of the competition closing (i.e. by midnight (BST) on 1 July 2014).
10. The winner shall receive:
• Return train tickets (off-peak) for the winner and one (1) guest to Norfolk from any railway station in the UK;
• VIP tickets to the Sundown Festival in Norfolk from 29 August 2014 to 31 August 2014 inclusive for the winner and his/her guest (the VIP tickets will be available to collect at the Box Office at the Sundown Festival and shall include fast-track entry, access to the backstage marquee, the private toilet area, the chill out marquee with sofas and the bar and catering area); and
• A Sundown Traditional Glamping Package for the winner and his/her guest, to include one (1) luxury bell tent for the winner and his/her guest to share for two (2) nights, and dressed with Yippee Yurts stylish furnishings and containing luxury blow-up mattresses, sleeping bags, bedside tables, rugs and a door mat.
THE WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TRAVEL AND ATTEND THE SUNDOWN FESTIVAL FROM 29 AUGUST TO 31 AUGUST 2014 INCLUSIVE. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
THE WINNER MUST BOOK THE RETURN OFF-PEAK TRAIN TICKETS TO NORFOLK (WHICH CAN BE FROM ANY UK RAILWAY STATION) SIX (6) WEEKS IN ADVANCE OF THE SUNDOWN FESTIVAL.
The winner’s guest must be at least sixteen (16) years old. For the avoidance of doubt, if the winner is under eighteen (18) years, the winner’s guest must be eighteen (18) years or over.
If the winner or his/her guest is aged under eighteen (18) years and the trip takes place within school term-time, the winner and/or the winner’s guest as relevant must obtain the prior written consent of their headteacher and their parent/legal guardian for any absence from school that may be required.
Approximate Prize value is £850 (Sterling) depending on where the winner is resident.
11. The winner and his/her guest agree to abide by the Sundown Festival’s own terms and conditions for entry to the Sundown Festival and campsite, available at: http://www.sundownfestival.co.uk/terms-conditions and http://www.sundownfestival.co.uk/sundown-glamping.
12. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 11 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, any other travel or spending money) are included.
13. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if they are under eighteen (18) years of age) prior to receiving their prize.
14. Any entrants under the age of eighteen (18) confirm that they have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian before entering the competition and acknowledge that the prize is subject to the winner arranging for a copy of these Terms to be signed by their parent or legal guardian and sending the signed document to the Promoter at MTV Networks Europe, 17 – 29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), if so requested by the Promoter.
15. The winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
16. The winner will be notified by telephone within 24 hours of the random draw taking place (i.e. by 2 July 2014). The winner will receive written confirmation and full details of the prize by e-mail within two (2) days of being notified by telephone that they are a winner.
17. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason successfully contact the prize winner within 48 hours of first attempting to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner, who will be selected by random draw in the same way as the original winner.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner at random in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that the selected winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner will be selected in the same way as the original winner.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize(s) in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
21. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
22. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
23. No purchase necessary.
24. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes, global health crises or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
25. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
26. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
27. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
29. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
30. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
31. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
32. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………
I understand that MTV Networks Europe wishes to enter into these Fault In Our Stars Sundown VIP Festival Competition Terms with the Entrant named above. I hereby confirm that:
1. I am the parent or legal guardian of, and have parental responsibility for, the Entrant, who lives with me at the above address;
2. I have read these Fault In Our Stars Sundown VIP Festival Competition Terms and have discussed them with the Entrant who understands what is required of them. I hereby consent to the Entrant entering this Fault In Our Stars Sundown VIP Festival Competition and receiving any stated prize should they be selected as a winner or a runner up (if applicable).