TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE “MEET MILEY” COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one (1) multiple choice question online at the URL www.mtv.co.uk/meetmiley. Costs to enter the competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 12pm midday (BST) on Friday 2 May 2014.
4. This competition is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland only.
5. Entrants must be at least sixteen (16) years old to enter. This competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. All entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the prize(s) does not contravene any local laws or regulations in the country in which they are resident. This competition shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law.
7. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
8. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
9. The competition applies to five concerts in the Miley Cyrus “Bangerz” UK tour 2014 as set out below:
Concert Location | Concert Date
London 02 Arena | Tuesday 6 May 2014
Leeds First Direct Arena | Saturday 10 May 2014
Glasgow SSE Hydro Arena | Monday 12 May 2014
Manchester Phones 4U Arena | Wednesday 14 May 2014
Birmingham NIA | Friday 16 May 2014
10. Entrants select their top three (3) preferred concerts at the time of entering the competition. One (1) winner will be selected by random draw from the pool of entrants for each concert who have answered the multiple choice question correctly. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be a total of five (5) winners in this competition, one (1) for each concert. In the event that a particular concert is not chosen by any entrant as their first choice, the Promoter reserves the right to carry out a random draw from the correct answers from entrants’ second and third preferred venues to select a winner for each concert. Entrants agree and acknowledge that the Promoter reserves the right to select a winner from the whole pool of correct entries in the event that a particular concert does not have a winner. There will be no runners up in this competition.
11. The winners will be selected on Friday 2 May 2014 as soon as reasonably practicable after the close of the competition.
12. Each winner shall receive:
One (1) pair of tickets for each winner and one (1) guest of each winner to meet and greet Miley Cyrus at one of the five (5) Miley Cyrus concerts as part of her “Bangerz” UK tour listed above.
The tickets shall take the form of guestlist entry backstage.
For the avoidance of doubt, the winner’s guest must be aged at least sixteen (16) years old.
If a winner is aged under eighteen (18) years and a concert falls within school term-time, the winner and/or the winner’s guest as relevant must obtain the prior written consent of their headteacher and their parent/legal guardian for any absence from school that may be required for attending a concert.
13. For the avoidance of doubt, the prizes do not consist of anything other than as expressly set out in Term 12 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, spending money) are included.
14. The winners may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if they are under eighteen (18) years of age) prior to receiving their prize.
15. Entrants under the age of 18 must confirm that they have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian before entering the competition and acknowledge that all prizes are subject to the winner arranging for a copy of these Terms to be signed by their parent or legal guardian and sending the signed document to the Promoter at MTV Networks Europe, 17 – 29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), if so requested by the Promoter.
16. The winners of the prizes are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
17. The winners will be notified by telephone on the day of being selected and will receive written confirmation and full details of the prize by e-mail within seven (7) days of being notified that they are a winner.
18. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact any prize winner on 2 May 2014, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize(s) in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
21. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
22. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
23. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
24. No purchase necessary.
25. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes, global health crises or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winners and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
26. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
27. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
28. The names of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
30. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
31. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
32. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
33. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………
I understand that MTV Networks Europe wishes to enter into these “Meet Miley” Competition Terms with the Entrant named above. I hereby confirm that:
1. I am the parent or legal guardian of, and have parental responsibility for, the Entrant, who lives with me at the above address;
2. I have read these “Meet Miley” Competition Terms and have discussed them with the Entrant who understands what is required of them. I hereby consent to the Entrant entering this “Meet Miley” Competition and receiving any stated prize should they be selected as a winner or a runner up (if applicable).