TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE PURGE 2 COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants must have a Twitter account and may enter the competition by following MTVUK on Twitter and re-tweeting one of the Purge Anarchy competition tweets. Costs to enter the competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 8pm (BST) on 1 August 2014.
4. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
5. To enter the competition, entrants must be fifteen (15) or over at the date of entry. This competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe and/or NBC Universal (the “Co-Promoters”) or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. All entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the prizes does not contravene any local laws or regulations in the country in which they are resident. This competition shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law.
7. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
8. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address and telephone number of entrant.
9. One (1) winner will be selected. This will be the first entry randomly drawn from all correct entries received.
10. The random draw will take place within one week of the competition closing.
11. The winner shall receive:
• One (1) Samsung UE32F4500 32-inch widescreen HD Ready Slim Smart LED television with built-in WiFi;
• One (1) Samsung HT-F4550 3D 500W 5.1 Channel Blu-ray Home Cinema System with 4 Tall Speakers;
• One (1) iPad mini with Retina display, Wi-Fi and 16GB memory;
• One (1) iTunes voucher with a value of £50 (Sterling).
Approximate Prize value is £881 (Sterling).
12. For the avoidance of doubt, the prizes do not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 11 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, spending money) are included.
13. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if they are under eighteen (18) years of age) prior to receiving their prize.
14. The winner of the prize is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
15. The winner will be notified by telephone within 24 hours of being selected and will receive written confirmation and full details of the prize by e-mail within 24 hours of being notified that they are a winner. The winner shall receive their prize in the post within twenty one (21) days of being selected as a winner.
16. In the event that the Co-Promoters cannot for any reason contact the prize winner within 48 hours of first attempting to do so, the Co-Promoters reserve the right to select another winner, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
17. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Co-Promoters have reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
18. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize in the event that, in the Co-Promoters’ reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Co-Promoters to be able to select a winner. The Co-Promoters’ decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Co-Promoters and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
20. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
21. The Co-Promoters can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Co-Promoters shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
22. The prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Co-Promoters’ control the Co-Promoters are unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Co-Promoters reserve the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
23. No purchase necessary.
24. The Co-Promoters shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner and/or parents/legal guardians of the winner under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes, global health crises or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or parents/legal guardians of the winner shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
25. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Co-Promoters’ liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Co-Promoters and/or deceit or fraud by Co-Promoters.
26. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
27. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, and entrants understand that they are providing information to the Co- Promoters and not to Twitter. Entrants hereby release and hold harmless Twitter from and against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this competition.
28. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
30. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Co-Promoters believe have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
31. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Co-Promoters on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Co-Promoters or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Co-Promoters waive their right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Co-Promoters from complaining about other breaches.
32. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
33. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………
I understand that MTV Networks Europe wishes to enter into these Purge 2 Competition Terms with the Entrant named above. I hereby confirm that:
1. I am the parent or legal guardian of, and have parental responsibility for, the Entrant, who lives with me at the above address;
2. I have read these Purge 2 Competition Terms and have discussed them with the Entrant who understands what is required of them. I hereby consent to the Entrant entering this Purge 2 Competition and receiving any stated prize should they be selected as a winner or a runner up (if applicable).