TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE SECOND BRAND NEW EMPORIO ARMANI DIAMONDS COMPETITION 2014
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the second Emporio Armani Diamonds 2014 competition (the “Competition”) by going online to URL www.mtv.co.uk/brandnew following the onscreen instructions and answering a multiple choice question.
3. Costs to enter the Competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
4. This Competition is open to residents of the UK only aged 18 and over.
5. This Competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (“MTVNE”) and/or of L’Oreal (UK) Limited (“L’Oreal”) (together, the “Co-Promoters”) and/or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this Competition.
6. No purchase necessary.
7. All entries must include the full name, email address, age and telephone number of the entrant.
8. The closing date for entries is 24 December 2014 at 12:00am GMT.
9. There will be one (1) winner (the “Winner”) and five (5) runners up (the “Runner(s) Up”) in this Competition. The Winner will be the first entry randomly drawn from all correct entries received. The Runners Up will be the next five (5) entries randomly drawn from all correct entries received.
10. The random draw will take place on 5 January 2015.
11. The Winner’s prize will be as follows:
(a) four (4) tickets to the MTV Brand New event in London, to take place on a date between late January 2015 and early February 2015 (inclusive), (the exact date to be determined by MTVNE nearer the time and subject to change) (the “Event”), for the Winner and three (3) guests (all guests must be aged 18 or over (“Guests”));
(b) £100 towards travel expenses for the Winner and three (3) Guests;
(c) be dressed by a stylist before the Event at the Armani Exchange store at 244 Regent Street, London (for the Winner only);
(d) keep the clothes that they are given by the stylist (for the Winner only);
(e) transportation from the Armani Exchange store to the Event for the Winner and Guests;
(f) accommodation for one (1) night for the Winner and Guests, comprising two (2) twin rooms in a minimum 3-star hotel in London as selected by the Promoter (the “Hotel”);
(g) transportation from the Event to the hotel for the Winner and Guests; and
(h) £200 spending money for the Winner.
The approximate total value of the prize is £1,000 Sterling.
12. The Runners Up will each receive 2 tickets to the Event only (travel and accommodation not included). The Runners Up will be placed on the Event guest list in order to gain entry.
The approximate total value of each of the Runner Up prizes is £30 Sterling.
THE WINNER, GUESTS, AND RUNNERS UP MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TRAVEL TO LONDON ON THE DATE OF THE EVENT (WHICH WILL BE BETWEEN LATE JANUARY 2015 AND EARLY FEBRUARY 2015, THE EXACT DATE TO BE DETERMINED BY MTVNE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE). NO ALTERNATIVE DATE WILL BE AVAILABLE.
13. For the avoidance of doubt, the prizes do not consist of anything other than as expressly set out in Terms 11 and 12 above and no additional costs are included.
14. The Winner and the Runners Up may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the Competition prior to receiving their prize. The Winner and the Runners Up shall be responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
15. The Winner and the Runners Up will be notified by telephone following the random draw on 6 January 2015 and will receive written confirmation and full details of the prize by e-mail as soon as reasonably practicable following notification by telephone.
16. In the event that the Promoter cannot, for any reason, establish contact with any Winner or Runner Up in order to provide notification by 8 January 2015, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner or Runner Up in place of the original Winner or Runners Up on 8 January 2015 using the same criteria as those used to select the original Winner and Runners Up.
17. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to select an alternative Winner or Runner up at any point in the Competition in the event that the Co-Promoters have reasonable grounds for believing that the originally selected Winner or any originally selected Runner Up has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative Winner or Runner Up will be selected using the same criteria as those used to select the original Winner or Runner Up.
18. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to terminate the Competition and/or to withhold all or part of the prize in the event that, in the Co-Promoters’ reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Panel to be able to select a winner. The Co-Promoters’ decision is final with respect to any aspect of the Competition, including (without limitation) the determination of the Winner and Runners Up. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as the Winner or a Runner Up.
20. The Co-Promoters can accept no responsibility for entries delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Inaudible entries will be disqualified. The Co-Promoters shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to the Competition.
21. The prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Co-Promoters’ control, the Co-Promoters are unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Co-Promoters reserve the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
22. The Co-Promoters shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the Winner or Runners Up under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes, global health crises or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected Winner and/or Runners Up shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Co-Promoters’ liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Co-Promoters and/or deceit or fraud by the Co-Promoters.
23. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
24. The names of the Winner and Runners Up can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV at MTV Networks Europe, Ref: ‘L’Oreal Armani Diamonds Competition 2014’, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the Competition closes.
26. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Co-Promoters believe have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified.
27. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Co-Promoters on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Co-Promoters waive their rights to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Co-Promoters from complaining about other breaches.
28. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
29. Any queries regarding the Competition should specify the name of the Competition and be addressed to MTV at MTV Networks Europe, Ref: ‘L’Oreal Armani Diamonds Competition 2014’, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London NW1 8TT.