TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE “TRANSFORMERS 4”COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition via MTV’s platform by answering one (1) multiple choice question at URL www.mtv.co.uk/transformers. Costs to enter the competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 12pm (BST) on 30 June 2014.
4. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
5. To enter the competition, entrants must be twelve (12) years old or over at the date of entry. This competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or Paramount Pictures or their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. All entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the prize does not contravene any local laws or regulations in the country in which they are resident. This competition shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law.
7. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
8. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
9. Ten (10) winners will be selected by random draw from the total pool of correct entries received by the Promoter. The random draw will take place as soon as reasonably practicable after close of the competition on 30 June 2014.
10. Each winner shall receive for himself/herself and one guest:
• Tickets for the Transformers 4 preview taking place at BFI IMAX, in Waterloo, London on Wednesday 2 July at 5.45pm (BST) (the “Preview”), followed by a drinks and canapés reception at the same venue.
THE WINNERS AND THEIR GUESTS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE PREVIEW ON 2 JULY 2014. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
THE WINNERS AND THEIR GUESTS MUST SIGN A FILMING WAIVER AT THE TIME OF THE PREVIEW IN ORDER TO CLAIM THEIR PRIZE.
The winners’ guests must be at least twelve (12) years old.
For the avoidance of doubt, if any winner is aged under eighteen (18), such winner’s guest must be a parent or legal guardian aged at least eighteen (18).
In the event that the date of the Preview falls within school term-time, and a winner and/or a winner’s guest is aged under eighteen (18), the winner and/or the winner’s guest (as relevant) must obtain the prior written consent of their headteacher and their parent/legal guardian for their absence from school.
Approximate prize value is £300 (Sterling).
11. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 10 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, any other travel or spending money) are included.
12. Winners (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if they are under eighteen (18) years of age) may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition prior to receiving their prize.
13. Each winner must collect their ticket for the Preview for himself/herself and their guest from the ticket reception desk at BFI IMAX, Waterloo, London on the day of the Preview.
14. Each winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
15. Each winner will be notified by telephone as soon as reasonably practicable after the random draw takes place.
16. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason successfully contact a prize winner within 12 hours of first attempting to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner, who will be selected by random draw in the same way as the original winner.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner at random in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner will be selected in the same way as the original winner.
18. In the event that a winner cannot be selected and notified as contemplated herein, the Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize in the event that, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
21. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
22. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
23. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
24. No purchase necessary.
25. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant the Promoter the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph all their activities in connection with the competition and (if applicable) any prizes. Everything filmed, taped or recorded by the Promoter shall be known as “Footage”. All Footage shall be owned by the Promoter and all entrants agree that the Promoter can use any Footage in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoter in their sole discretion see fit.
26. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Promoter with full title guarantee (and by way of present assignment of present and future rights) all intellectual property rights in any Footage throughout the world for the full unexpired period of such rights and all renewals, reversions and extensions of such period as may be provided under any applicable law throughout the world.
27. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions and/or Footage to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
28. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner and/or any guests under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond their reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes, global health crises or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or any guests shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
29. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoters and/or deceit or fraud by the Promoter.
30. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
31. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
33. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believe have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
34. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waive their right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
35. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
36. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………
I understand that MTV Networks Europe wishes to enter into these Transformer 4 Terms with the Entrant named above. I hereby confirm that:
1. I am the parent or legal guardian of, and have parental responsibility for, the Entrant, who lives with me at the above address;
2. I have read these Transformer 4 Terms and have discussed them with the Entrant who understands what is required of them. I hereby consent to the Entrant entering this Transformer 4 competition and receiving any stated prize should they be selected as a winner or a runner up (if applicable).