TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE “TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION” WORLD PREMIERE COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one (1) multiple choice question at URL www.mtv.co.uk/transformers. Costs to enter the competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 3pm (BST) on 12 June 2014.
4. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
5. To enter the competition, entrants must be eighteen (18) or over at the date of entry. This competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or Unilever or their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. All entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the prize(s) does not contravene any local laws or regulations in the country in which they are resident. This competition shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law.
7. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
8. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
9. One (1) winner will be selected by random draw from the pool of correct entries received. The random draw will take place immediately after close of the competition on 12 June 2014.
10. The winner shall receive a trip to Hong Kong to attend the world premiere of “Transformers: Age of Extinction” (the “Premiere”). The prize shall include the following for the winner and his/her guest:
• Tickets for the Premiere;
• Return economy flights from London to Hong Kong;
• Hotel accommodation in Hong Kong for three (3) nights (on a bed and breakfast basis and inclusive of taxes);
• Transport from the hotel to the Premiere venue;
• Transfers between the airport and hotel in Hong Kong only;
• Tickets for a deluxe hop-on/hop-off day and night sightseeing tour of Hong Kong;
• Standard travel insurance;
• £500 spending money (for the winner only); and
• One (1) hand-held camcorder (for the winner only).
THE WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TRAVEL ON 17 JUNE 2014 AND ATTEND THE PREMIERE ON 19 JUNE 2014. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
THE WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT (WITH AT LEAST 6 MONTHS VALIDITY) AND ANY NECESSARY VISAS TO TRAVEL TO HONG KONG.
The winner’s guest must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
The winner acknowledges that they will be responsible for all room service costs and any additional charges or expenses incurred by them or their guest during their hotel stay, as well as any damage to hotel property.
In the event that the winner and/or the winner’s guest miss any of their flights for whatever reason, the Promoter will have no obligation to book the winner and/or their guest onto an alternative flight, nor will the Promoter cover the cost of any alternative flight.
Approximate prize value is £10,000 (Sterling).
11. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 10 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, any other travel or spending money) are included.
12. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition prior to receiving their prize.
13. The winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
14. The winner will be notified by telephone after the random draw. The winner will receive written confirmation and full details of the prize by e-mail within 24 hours of being notified by telephone that they are a winner.
15. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason successfully contact the prize winner within 4 hours of first attempting to do so, or if the winner is unavailable to travel to Hong Kong on 17 June 2014 and attend the Premiere on 19 June 2014, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner, who will be selected by random draw in the same way as the original winner.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner at random in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that the selected winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner will be selected in the same way as the original winner.
17. In the event that a winner cannot be selected and notified as at 13 June 2014, the Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
20. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
21. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
22. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
23. No purchase necessary.
24. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner and/or any guests under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes, global health crises or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or any guests shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
25. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
26. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
27. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
29. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
30. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
31. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
32. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………