TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE V FESTIVAL COMPETITION – APRIL 2015
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them. All entrants confirm that, if they are under the age of eighteen (18), they have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian before entering the competition.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by entering their personal details and answering a multiple choice question online at www.mtv.co.uk/vfestival.
3. The competition will close for entries at midday (BST) on Monday 8 June 2015.
4. This competition is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland only, aged sixteen (16) and over, excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or the Promoter’s respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies (and any other person professionally connected with this competition will also be ineligible).
5. Each winner shall receive two (2) VIP weekend tickets to V Festival on 22 and 23 August 2015, including access to and use of standard camping areas (the “Event”) to be held at either (depending on the entrant’s selection on entry) Weston Park, Shifnal, Telford, Shropshire TF11 8LE (the “Weston Park Site”) or Hylands Park, London Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 8WQ (the “Hylands Park Site”) (the “Prize”).
WHERE A WINNER IS UNDER EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT, THE WINNER’S GUEST MUST BE AGED EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OR OLDER AND THE WINNER MUST HAVE THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IN ORDER TO ATTEND THE EVENT. IN THE EVENT THAT THE WINNER IS REFUSED ENTRY, THE WINNER’S GUEST SHALL ALSO BE REFUSED ENTRY TO THE EVENT.
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THE PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE TRAVEL TO/FROM THE WESTON PARK SITE OR THE HYLANDS PARK SITE, SPENDING MONEY OR ANY OTHER EXPENSES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ATTENDANCE AT THE EVENT.
6. There will be ten (10) winners in total. Five (5) winners who selected the Hylands Park Site on entry and five (5) winners who selected the Weston Park Site on entry will be selected at random by the Promoter from all valid and correct entries received on or before the closing time.
7. The competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your network operator for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
8. No purchase necessary.
9. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries by the same entrant will be void and the entrant disqualified. All entries must include the name, date of birth, telephone number and e-mail address of the entrant and an answer to the question.
10. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than that expressly set out in Term 5 above and each winner and his or her guest shall be responsible for all applicable taxes, travel costs and any other expenses not specified in Term 5 incurred as a result of taking up the Prize and attending the Event (including, without limitation, travel costs, spending money and any other expenses).
11. Each winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if the winner is under eighteen (18) years old) prior to receiving the Prize. Each winner and winner’s guest shall, in order to benefit from the Prize, be required to adhere to the terms and conditions of attendance at the Event, which may be found here (as amended from time to time): http://www.vfestival.com/terms-and-conditions/.
12. The winners will be selected on Monday 8 June 2015.
13. The winners will be notified individually by telephone within seven (7) days of the closing date of the competition, and will received the tickets for the Prize no later than three (3) days prior to the start of the Event.
14. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason establish contact with any winner within twenty four (24) hours of the Promoter’s initial attempt to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to immediately draw another winner who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original winners.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Promoter’s opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select the winners. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any and all aspects of the competition, including the determination of any winners. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their absolute discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this may include the winner’s name and location being broadcast on-air and posted across the Promoter’s social media platforms.
18. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
19. By entering the competition, entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include without limitation the entrant’s name and/or likeness, voice, photographs and/or video footage of the entrant, biographical information provided by the entrants and/or any statement made by them concerning the competition and/or the Prize. Entrants agree that any or all such elements may be used by the Promoter in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoter in its sole discretion sees fit.
20. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
21. The Prize is as stated and non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
22. The Promoter shall not be liable to the winners and/or their guests for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or the Prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or Promoter’s personnel.
23. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners and/or their guests under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond their reasonable control including without limitation delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising, without limitation, out of or in connection with (i) the activities or third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the Prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or guest shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
24. Each winner will be solely responsible for and hereby indemnifies and holds the Promoter harmless in respect of any losses, costs, liabilities or damages suffered or incurred by the Promoter as a result of any of his/her acts and/or omissions in connection with the Prize and those of his/her guest (including without limitation any damage caused and expenses (such as costs of refreshments) incurred in connection with the Prize).
25. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
26. Details can be obtained by sending a stamped, self- addressed envelope to FAO MTV Events, V festival competition 2015, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
28. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
29. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
30. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
31. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
FAO MTV Events, V festival competition 2015, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.