TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE WIRELESS FESTIVAL 2014 TWITTER COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by completing the following steps:
(i) following ‘@mtvwrapup’ on Twitter; and
(ii) re-tweeting exactly and in full the competition tweet which shall read as follows: “Follow @mtvwrapup & RT for the chance to win VIP TICKETS to this year’s #Wireless Festival!” (the “Entry Content”) (to be tweeted by ‘@mtvwrapup’ on Friday 27th June at 11:59am and 6:00pm, on Saturday 28th June at 11:59am and 6pm and on Sunday 29th June at 11:59am and 6pm (all times BST) (any of these tweets can be retweeted in order to enter)).
3. The closing time for entries is 12:00 (BST) on Monday 30th June 2014.
4. To enter the competition entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
(a) be a resident of the UK;
(b) be eighteen (18) years old or over on the last day of the competition;
(c) hold a Twitter account; and
(d) not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or the Promoter’s parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. Fifteen (15) winners will be selected at random by the Promoter from all valid entries containing the correct Entry Content and which are received on or before the closing time.
6. The prize is as follows:
(a) Five (5) pairs of VIP tickets for the Wireless Festival 2014 at Finsbury Park, London (”London Venue”) to take place on 4th-6th July2014;
(b) Ten (10) pairs of VIP tickets for the Wireless Festival 2014 at Perry Park, Birmingham (“Birmingham Venue”) to take place on 4th-6th 2014.
Each winner shall win one (1) pair of VIP tickets to either the Wireless Festival at the London Venue or the Birmingham Venue Wireless Festival. Whether the winner shall win tickets for the London Venue or the Birmingham Venue shall be randomly allocated. Each pair of VIP tickets specified above constitutes the “Prize”. Winners may not sell, gift or otherwise transfer the Prize to any other persons.
7. The competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
8. No purchase necessary.
9. One (1) entry per person. For the avoidance of doubt, this also applies where the same entrant uses multiple Twitter accounts. Multiple entries by the same entrant will be void and the entrant disqualified.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to contact any and/or all entrants by a direct message on Twitter throughout the term of the competition in relation to these Terms and the Prize.
11. The winners will be selected as soon as possible after 12:00 (BST) on Monday 30th June 2014.
12. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 6 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, spending money). Travel costs are not part of the Prize and must be paid for by the winners.
13. The winners of the Prize are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Prize description.
14. The winners will be notified individually by a direct message to their Twitter accounts as soon as possible after 12:00 (BST) on Monday 30th June 2014. Upon notification the winners will be asked to provide their name, age, telephone contact number and e-mail address. The Promoter shall endeavor to send the Prize to the winner within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt of these contact details.
15. In the event that the Promoter and the winners cannot for any reason establish contact by the 11:59pm on the next working day following the Promoters’ initial attempt to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that the selected winner has contravened any of Twitter’s rules or terms of service.
18. Twitter takes on no responsibilities in respect of this competition. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. Entrants will be providing information to Promoter only and not to Twitter.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, Entry Content, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition and/or Prize (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this will include the winner’s name, location, and Entry Content being broadcast on-air and posted across the Promoter’s social media platforms.
21. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
22. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Promoter with full title guarantee (and by way of present assignment of present and future rights) all intellectual property rights in any of the Submissions throughout the world for the full unexpired period of such rights and all renewals, reversions and extensions of such period as may be provided under any applicable law throughout the world.
23. The winners may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all terms and conditions of the competition prior to receiving the Prize.
24. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as winner.
25. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
26. The Prize is as stated and non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
27. The Promoter shall not be liable to the winners and/or their guests for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel.
28. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner and/or their guest under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the Prize. . For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winners and/or their guests shall be solely liable for any costs incurred as a result.
29. The winners will be solely responsible for and hereby indemnifies and holds the Promoter harmless in respect of any losses, costs, liabilities or damages suffered or incurred by the Promoter as a result of any of their and/or omissions in connection with the Prize and those of their guest.
30. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
31. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Wireless Festival Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
33. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
34. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
35. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
36. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
Wireless Festival Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.