TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one (1) multiple choice question online at URL www.mtv.co.uk/competitions. Costs to enter the competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 10:00 (BST) on 17 October 2014.
4. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
5. To enter the competition, entrants must be eighteen (18) or over at the date of entry. This competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (“MTVNE”) and/or Electronic Arts Inc. (together, the “Co-Promoters”) or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
7. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
8. One (1) winner will be selected. This will be the first entry randomly drawn from all correct entries received.
9. The random draw will take place as soon as reasonably practicable after close of the competition on 17 October 2014.
10. The winner shall be invited to play the video game “EA SPORTS FIFA 15” for an eight (8) minute session (comprising two halves with each half lasting four (4) minutes) against Andros Townsend, a Tottenham Hotspur player (the “Game”). The Game will take place at Tottenham Hotspur’s training ground located in Enfield, Greater London, on Tuesday 21 October 2014 at a time to be determined by the Co-Promoters.
The Game will be filmed and/or photographed and will be published on MTVNE’s website after the competition in a feature about the EA SPORTS FIFA 15 product and the competition.
THE WINNER MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR TRAINING GROUND ON 21 OCTOBER 2014 AT A TIME TO BE DETERMINED BY THE CO-PROMOTERS. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE. THE WINNER MUST MAKE HIS/HER OWN TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 10 above and no additional costs are included.
12. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition, as well as a release form agreeing to their participation in the Game being filmed and/or photographed for the purposes of publication on MTVNE’s website, prior to receiving their prize.
13. The winner of the prize is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
14. The winner will be notified by telephone as soon as possible following selection on 17 October 2014 and will receive written confirmation and full details of the prize by e-mail as soon as reasonably practicable following notification by telephone.
15. In the event that the Co-Promoters cannot for any reason contact the winner within four (4) hours of first attempting to do so, the Co-Promoters reserve the right to select another winner, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
16. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Co-Promoters have reasonable grounds for believing that the selected winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
17. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize in the event that, in the Co-Promoters' reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Co-Promoters to be able to select a winner. The Co-Promoters’ decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
18. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Co-Promoters and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
19. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant the Co-Promoters the right to film, tape, sound record and photograph all their activities in connection with the competition and (if applicable) any prizes. Everything filmed, taped or recorded by the Co-Promoters shall be known as “Footage”. All Footage shall be owned by one or both of the Co-Promoters and all entrants agree that both Co-Promoters can use any Footage in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Co-Promoters in their sole discretion see fit.
20. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Co-Promoters with full title guarantee (and by way of present assignment of present and future rights) all intellectual property rights in any Footage throughout the world for the full unexpired period of such rights and all renewals, reversions and extensions of such period as may be provided under any applicable law throughout the world.
21. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Co-Promoters, the Co-Promoters’ affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions and/or Footage to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
22. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
23. The Co-Promoters can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Co-Promoters shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
24. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Co-Promoters’ control the Co-Promoters is unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Co-Promoters reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
25. No purchase necessary.
26. The Co-Promoters shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes, global health crises or arising without limitation out of or in connection with the activities of third party event organisers.
27. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Co-Promoters’ liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Co-Promoters and/or deceit or fraud by Co-Promoters.
28. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
29. The name of the winner (if applicable) can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
31. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Co-Promoters believe have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
32. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Co-Promoters on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Co-Promoters or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Co-Promoters waive their right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Co-Promoters from complaining about other breaches.
33. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
34. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………