TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR UNFINISHED BUSINESS COMPETITION
1. This competition, co-promoted by MTV Networks Europe and The Paramount UK Partnership trading as Comedy Central (the “Co-Promoters”), will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one (1) multiple choice question online at URL www.mtv.co.uk/unfinishedbusiness or at www.comedycentral.co.uk/unfinishedbusiness. Costs to enter the competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The competition is open for entries from 09:00 (GMT) on 25 February 2015. The closing date for entries is 23:59 (GMT) on 15 March 2015.
4. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
5. To enter the competition, entrants must be aged eighteen (18) or over at the date of entry. This competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of the Co-Promoters, 20th Century Fox or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. One (1) entry per person (for example if you enter once via the MTV website you will not be able to enter a second time through the Comedy Central website). Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
7. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
8. One (1) winner will be selected. This will be the first entry randomly drawn from all correct entries received.
9. The random draw will take place within ten (10) days of the closing date.
10. The winner shall receive for himself/herself and two (2) guests*:
• Return economy flights to Berlin, Germany;
• Return private transfers from the airport in Berlin to the hotel in Berlin;
• Two (2) nights’ accommodation at Hotel Berlin (a four star hotel), on the basis of the winner and his/her two (2) guests sharing a triple room, and including breakfast each morning;
• A total of £450 in spending money to be shared between the winner and his/her two (2) guests;
• Travel insurance (subject to eligibility);
• Detailed information and a guidebook about Berlin.
*The winner’s guests must all be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
The winner acknowledges that they will be responsible for all room service costs and any additional charges or expenses incurred by them or their guests during their hotel stay, as well as any damage to any hotel property.
The return flight will depart from the international airport nearest to the winner’s residence that has available return flights to Berlin. In the event that the winner and/or the winner’s guests miss any of their flights for whatever reason, the Co-Promoters will have no obligation to book the winner and/or their guests onto an alternative flight, nor will the Co-Promoters cover the cost of any alternative flight.
Approximate Prize value is £2000 excluding VAT.
The trip must be taken within twelve (12) months of the prize fulfilment company first making contact with the winner and excludes travel on or around national public holidays, Valentine’s Day and school holidays both in the UK and in Germany. The exact dates for travel shall remain subject to availability at the time of booking.
The winner and the winner’s guests must hold a valid EU passport and any other necessary travel documentation (including, without limitation, visas where necessary). Visas and passports (and any associated costs) will be the sole responsibility of the winner and winner’s guests.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 10 above and no additional costs are included. Furthermore, the winner agrees and acknowledges that he/she is responsible for arranging and paying for transfers to and from the airport in the UK for himself/herself and his/her guests.
12. The winner and/or their guests may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition and/or a release form prior to receiving their prize.
13. The winner of the prize is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
14. The winner will be notified by telephone within seven (7) days of being selected and will receive written confirmation and full details of the prize from the prize fulfilment company by e-mail or telephone as soon as reasonably practicable following notification. The winner shall receive their travel documentation in the post between ten (10) and fourteen (14) days before the winner is due to travel.
15. In the event that the Co-Promoters cannot for any reason contact the prize winner within 48 hours of first attempting to do so, the Co-Promoters reserve the right to select another winner, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
16. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Co-Promoters have reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has (a) contravened any of these Terms; or (b) is otherwise unable or ineligible to claim the prize. Any alternative winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
17. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize in the event that, in the Co-Promoters’ reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Co-Promoters to be able to select a winner. The Co-Promoters’ decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of the winner of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
18. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Co-Promoters and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
19. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
20. The Co-Promoters can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Co-Promoters shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
21. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Co-Promoters’ control the Co-Promoters are unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Co-Promoters reserve the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
22. No purchase necessary.
23. The Co-Promoters shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of their obligations to the winner and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond their reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes, global health crises or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
24. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Co-Promoters’ liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Co-Promoters and/or deceit or fraud by Co-Promoters.
25. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
26. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Viacom International Media Networks, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
28. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Co-Promoters believe have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified.
29. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Co-Promoters on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Co-Promoters or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Co-Promoters waive their right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Co-Promoters from complaining about other breaches.
30. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
31. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
Viacom International Media Networks, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………