TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR WE ARE FSTVL TWITTER COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR WE ARE FSTVL TWITTER COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these terms and conditions and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by following these steps:
(i) Locating the @MTVMusicUK feed on Twitter;
(ii) Retweeting exactly and in full the competition call-to-action tweet of
“RT & follow @ClubMTV for the chance to win a pair of VIP WEEKEND TICKETS to @wearefstvl! (T&C’s)” to be tweeted by @MTVMusicUK on or after 10:00am on Friday 7 April 2017; and
(iii) Following @ClubMTV on Twitter.
3. The closing date for entries is 10:00am on 10 April 2017.
4. To enter the competition, entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
(i) Be a resident of the UK or Republic of Ireland;
(ii) Be eighteen (18) years old or over;
(iii) Hold a twitter account; and
(iv) Not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV
Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or the Promoter’s respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. All entrants must adhere to Twitter’s rules or terms of service in respect of this competition.
6. Two (2) winners will be selected at random by the Promoter from all valid entries which are received on or before the closing date.
7. The winners will be selected and notified on 10 April 2017 via direct message on Twitter. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they are able to receive direct messages from @MTVMusicUK. Upon notification each winner will be asked to provide their full name as it appears on their identification, age, telephone contact number and email address.
8. Each winner will receive two (2) weekend VIP tickets for the winner and one (1) guest to attend the We Are FSTVL, being held on Saturday 27 May 2017 and Sunday 28 May 2017 and taking place at Damyn’s Hall Aerodrome, Aveley Road, Upminster, London, RM14 2TN (the “Prize”). For further details of the Prize, please see the Event’s website at http://www.wearefstvl.com/vip.
THE WINNERS AND WINNERS’ GUESTS MUST BE AGED 18 YEARS
OR OVER. THE WINNERS AND GUESTS MUST BRING IDENTIFICATION TO OBTAIN ENTRY TO THE EVENT AND IDENTIFY THEMSELVES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGES. THE WINNERS AND GUESTS MUST BE AVAILABLE ON 27 AND 28 MAY 2017. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THE PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE TRAVEL TO/FROM THE EVENT, SPENDING MONEY OR ANY OTHER EXPENSES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ATTENDANCE AT THE EVENT.
TICKETS WILL BE ISSUED TO THE WINNERS BY EMAIL WITHIN TWO (2) DAYS OF THE PROMOTER RECEIVING CONFIRMATION OF THE WINNERS’ DETAILS IN ACCORDANCE WITH TERM 7.
9. The winners may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this competition prior to receiving the Prize. The winners and winners’ guests shall, in order to benefit from the Prize, be required to adhere to the terms and conditions of attendance at the event.
10. The competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
11. No purchase necessary.
12. One (1) entry per person. For the avoidance of doubt, this also applies where the same entrant uses multiple Twitter accounts. Multiple entries by the same entrant will be void and the entrant disqualified.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to contact any and/or all entrants by a direct message on Twitter throughout the term of the competition in relation to these Terms and the Prize.
14. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 8 above and no additional costs are included.
15. The winners are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Prize description.
16. In the event that the Promoters cannot for any reason establish contact with a winner within twenty-four (24) hours of the Promoters’ initial attempt to do so, the Promoters reserve the right to immediately draw another winner who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original winner.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of Twitter’s rules or terms of service.
18. Twitter takes on no responsibilities in respect of this competition. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. Entrants will be providing information to Promoter only and not to Twitter.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Promoter's opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select the winners or where, in the Promoter’s opinion, improper conduct by an entrant (or any number of them) has rendered the competition unfair to all entrants. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winners of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and licensees a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this will include the winners’ name and location being broadcast on-air and posted across the Promoter’s social media platforms.
21. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
22. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
23. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal value or greater value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
24. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or any prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or its personnel.
25. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation, delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation, as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winners shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
26. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
27. The names of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped, self- addressed envelope to: We Are FSTVL Twitter Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT for one (1) month after the competition closes.
29. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries of any fashion, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
30. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
31. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
32. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
We Are FSTVL Twitter Competition, MTV Networks Europe,17-29 Hawley
Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.