TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR WIRELESS FESTIVAL 2015 COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one (1) multiple choice question online at URL www.mtv.co.uk/competitions. Costs to enter the competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 12:00pm (BST) on 24 June 2015.
4. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland only.
5. To enter the competition, entrants must be sixteen (16) or over at the date of entry. This competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or Beg Blag Borrow Limited or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
7. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
8. One (1) winner and two (2) runners up will be selected. These will be the first three (3) entries randomly drawn from all correct entries received.
9. The random draw will take place immediately after close of the competition on 24 June 2015.
10. The winner shall receive for himself/herself and one (1) guest*:
• A pair of tickets to the Wireless Festival on 3 July 2015 only;
• New Look vouchers with a total value of £100 Sterling (for the winner only).
Each runner up shall receive for himself/herself and one (1) guest*:
• A pair of tickets to the Wireless Festival taking place on either 4 or 5 July 2015.
For the avoidance of doubt, one (1) runner up will receive a pair of tickets to attend the Wireless Festival on 4 July 2015, and one (1) runner up will receive a pair of tickets to attend the Wireless Festival on 5 July 2015. The Promoter reserves the right to allocate these dates to each runner up as it sees fit.
*The guests of the winner and runners-up must be at least sixteen (16) years old. If the winner and/or a runner up is aged under eighteen (18), their guest (as relevant) must be a parent or guardian of the winner and/or runner up concerned.
If any winner, runner up or guest is aged under eighteen (18) and attendance at the Wireless Festival requires any absence from school, the winner, runner up or guest as relevant must obtain the prior written consent of their headteacher and their parent/legal guardian for their absence from school.
THE WINNER, RUNNERS UP AND THEIR GUESTS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE WIRELESS FESTIVAL ON 3, 4 OR 5 JULY 2015 (AS RELEVANT). NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
The winner, runners up and their guests acknowledge and agree that the Wireless Festival management reserve the right to refuse entry to the event venue if the winner, runners up and/or their guests:
• appear intoxicated or under the influence of drugs; and/or
• appear to be under the age of sixteen (16) and do not have valid ID.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, the prizes do not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 10 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, spending money) are included.
12. The winner and runners up may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if they are under eighteen (18) years of age) prior to receiving their prize.
13. All entrants under 18 confirm that they have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian before entering the competition and acknowledge that all prizes are subject to the winner and runners up arranging for a copy of these Terms to be signed by their parent or legal guardian and sending the signed document to the Promoter at MTV Networks Europe, 17 – 29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), if so requested by the Promoter.
14. The winner and runners up are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
15. The winner will be notified by telephone within forty-eight (48) hours of being selected and will receive written confirmation and full details of the prize by e-mail as soon as reasonably practicable after being notified that they are a winner. The winner will be able to collect their tickets from the Wireless Festival box office on 3 July 2015 (or as otherwise advised by the organisers of the Wireless Festival). The New Look vouchers will be sent to the winner by post within 28 days of the close of the competition.
16. The runners up will be able to collect their tickets to the Wireless Festival on 4 or 5 July 2015 (as relevant) on the applicable day from the Wireless Festival box office (or as otherwise advised by the organisers of the Wireless Festival).
17. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact the winner after three (3) attempts to call them within forty-eight (48) hours of being selected, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner and/or runner up in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prizes in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
21. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
22. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
23. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
24. No purchase necessary.
25. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes, global health crises or arising without limitation out of or in connection with the activities of third party event organisers. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or any guests and/or parents/legal guardians shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
26. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
27. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
28. The names of the winner and runners-up can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
30. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
31. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
32. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
33. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………
I understand that MTV Networks Europe wishes to enter into these Wireless Festival 2015 Terms with the Entrant named above. I hereby confirm that:
1. I am the parent or legal guardian of, and have parental responsibility for, the Entrant, who lives with me at the above address;
2. I have read these Wireless Festival 2015 Competition Terms and have discussed them with the Entrant who understands what is required of them. I hereby consent to the Entrant entering this Wireless Festival 2015 competition and receiving any stated prize should they be selected as a winner or a runner up (if applicable).