TERMS AND CONDITIONS - LUCOZADE ‘PIMP MY SUMMER BALL’ 2014 TWITTER COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them. By entering this competition, entrants agree that they have obtained any such permission(s) where necessary.
2. Entrants may enter the competition online at www.twitter.com/mtvuk by using the @mtvuk reply and voting for one of the eligible universities using the hashtag #YESPimpMySummerBall and adding the name of the eligible university he/she wishes to vote for.
3. Entrants may vote as many times as they like, but may only vote for an eligible university. Votes for ineligible universities will not be counted and such entries will be disqualified for purposes of the Weekly Draw.
4. Costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
5. The closing date for entries is 17:00 on 7 April 2014.
6. To enter the competition, entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
(a) be a resident of the UK;
(b) hold a Twitter account;
(c) be aged 18 or over at the time of entry; and
(d) not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV Networks Europe or Suntory Holdings Limited (the “Promoters”) and/or of the Promoters’ respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
7. The Promoters reserve the right to contact any and/or all entrants by a direct message on Twitter throughout the term of the competition in relation to these Terms and the prizes.
8. The following universities are eligible to receive votes:
Canterbury Christ Church University
9. The eligible university with the most votes at the closing date will win a “pimped” summer ball courtesy of Lucozade Energy and Club MTV. All aspects of the summer ball shall be within the sole discretion of the Promoters.
10. Every week during the first four (4) weeks of the competition, all entrants who have voted for the eligible university that is leading the public vote as at the end of that week will automatically be entered into a random draw to win a prize. The Weekly Draw schedule is below:
Week 1 - Voting Dates: March 3 (00:00) – March 9 (23:59) Draw Date: March 10
Week 2 - Voting Dates: March 10 (00:00) – March 16 (23:59) Draw Date: March 17
Week 3 - Voting Dates: March 17 (00:00) – March 23 (23:59) Draw Date: March 24
Week 4 - Voting Dates: March 24 (00:00) – March 30 (23:59) Draw Date: March 31
11. There will be one Weekly Draw winner per week in each of the four (4) weeks listed above. Each such winner will be notified individually by a direct message to his/her Twitter account within 48 hours of being selected. Upon notification, each winner will be asked to provide his/her name, age, address (including postcode), telephone number and e-mail address.
12. Each Weekly Draw winner will win an iPad (16GB with Retina display, WiFi only) and a Lucozade Energy “goodie bag” with branded merchandise. Prizes will be dispatched within 28 days of the relevant draw date, and will be sent to the address provided by the winner.
13. For the avoidance of doubt, the Weekly Draw prizes do not consist of anything other than as expressly set out in Clause 12 above.
14. The Weekly Draw winners may be required to provide written acknowledgement of acceptance of the Terms prior to receiving the prizes.
15. The Weekly Draw winners are responsible for all applicable taxes (if any).
16. In the event that the Promoters and a winner cannot for any reason establish contact within forty eight (48) hours of the Promoters’ initial attempt to do so, the Promoters reserve the right to select another winner, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
17. The Promoters reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoters have reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
18. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify an entry that violates Twitter’s rules (e.g. tweets that are abusive, promote violence or invade an individual’s privacy).
19. The Promoters reserve the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize in the event that, in the Promoters’ reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries to be able to select winners. The Promoters’ decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winners. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant to the Promoters and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, Entry Content, biographical information or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this may include re-tweeting the entry content and posting it on any of the Promoters’ Facebook pages or other social channels.
21. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoters, the Promoters’ affiliates and their respective licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
22. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
23. The Promoters can accept no responsibility for entries misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoters shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
24. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If, due to circumstances beyond the Promoters’ control, the Promoters are unable to provide any of the stated prizes, the Promoters reserve the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
25. The Promoters shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of their obligations to the winners under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond their reasonable control including (without limitation) delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes. For the avoidance of doubt, any affected winners shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
26. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoters’ liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoters and/or deceit or fraud by the Promoters.
27. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
28. The names of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Lucozade ‘Pimp My Summer Ball’ Twitter Competition, Digital Media, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
30. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoters believe have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoters reserve the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
31. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoters on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoters or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoters waive their right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoters from complaining about other breaches.
32. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
33. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
Lucozade ‘Pimp My Summer Ball’ Twitter Competition, Digital Media, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.