TERMS AND CONDITIONS - LUCOZADE SNOWBOMBING 2014 TWITTER COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them. By entering this competition, entrants agree that they have obtained any such permission(s) where necessary.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by following these steps:
(i) Following Lucozade on Twitter at https://twitter.com/lucozadeenergy; and
(ii) Re-tweeting exactly and in full the competition call-to-action tweet which will include an image and the words “win” and “#YESmoment” (the “Entry Content”) (to be tweeted by @MTVUK).
3. Costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
4. The closing date for entries is 23.59 on 2 March 2014.
5. To enter the competition, entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
(a) be a resident of the UK;
(b) hold a Twitter account;
(c) be aged 18 or over at the time of entry; and
(d) not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV Networks Europe or Suntory Holdings Limited (the “Promoters”) and/or of the Promoters’ respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. The Promoters reserve the right to contact any and/or all entrants by a direct message on Twitter throughout the term of the competition in relation to these Terms and the prizes.
7. One (1) grand prize winner and one (1) runner up winner will be selected at random from all valid entries containing the Entry Content.
8. The winners will be selected within 48 hours of the competition closing.
9. The grand prize winner will receive a Snowbombing road trip adventure for himself/herself and up to three (3) guests, including:
• Mercedes Splitter van (or similar) hire for the trip (specialist driver included)
• 1 night’s accommodation (on a bed and breakfast basis only) in a 3 star hotel in Maidenstone, Kent on April 4th
• 1 night’s accommodation (on a bed and breakfast basis only) in a 3 star hotel in Luxembourg on April 5th
• 6 nights’ accommodation (on a bed and breakfast basis only) in a 3 star hotel in Mayrhofen, Austria for April 6th – 11th
• 5-day lift pass in the Mayrhofen ski area (April 7th – 11th)
• Ski equipment hire (£150 maximum total per person)
• 1 two (2) hour ski lesson (to be conducted in groups of two persons maximum)
• 4 standard entry tickets to the Snowbombing festival
• Entry to the Arctic Disco (one night as selected by Promoters)
• Transfer to Munich airport and inbound flight to a single UK international airport from Munich (April 12th)(UK international airport closest to winner’s residence address as provided by winner)
• Transfer allowance of £400 (total) for the travelling party
THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S GUESTS MUST BE OVER 18 AT THE TIME OF TRAVEL. THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER AND HIS/HER GUESTS MUST HOLD VALID EU PASSPORTS AND BE AVAILABLE TO DEPART ON APRIL 4 AND RETURN ON APRIL 12. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES ARE AVAILABLE.
10. The runner up winner will receive a trip to Snowbombing for himself/herself and one (1) guest, including:
• Return economy class flights from London Heathrow to Munich
• 5 nights’ accommodation at a 4 star hotel in Mayrhofen (on a bed and breakfast basis only)
• Return transfers between the Munich airport and hotel
• Snowbombing entry wristbands
• Travel insurance (on a standard basis, pre-existing conditions may not be included and skiing/snowboarding insurance is not available)
THE RUNNER UP WINNER’S GUEST MUST BE OVER 18 AT THE TIME OF TRAVEL. THE RUNNER UP WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST HOLD VALID EU PASSPORTS AND BE AVAILABLE TO DEPART ON APRIL 7 AND RETURN ON APRIL 12. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES ARE AVAILABLE.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, the prizes do not consist of anything other than as expressly set out in Clauses 9 and 10 above and no additional costs or travel are included.
12. The winners may be required to provide written acknowledgement of acceptance of the Terms prior to receiving the prize.
13. The winners are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
14. The winners will be notified individually by a direct message to their Twitter account within 48 hours of being selected. Upon notification, the winners will be asked to provide their name, age, address (including postcode), telephone number and e-mail address.
15. In the event that the Promoters and a winner cannot for any reason establish contact within forty eight (48) hours of the Promoters’ initial attempt to do so, the Promoters reserve the right to select another winner, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
16. The Promoters reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoters have reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
17. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify an entry that violates Twitter’s rules (e.g. tweets that are abusive, promote violence or invade an individual’s privacy).
18. The Promoters reserve the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize in the event that, in the Promoters’ reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries to be able to select winners. The Promoters’ decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winners. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant to the Promoters and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, Entry Content, biographical information or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this may include re-tweeting the Entry Content and posting it on any of the Promoters’ Facebook pages or other social channels.
20. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoters, the Promoters’ affiliates and their respective licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
21. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
22. The Promoters can accept no responsibility for entries misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoters shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
23. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If, due to circumstances beyond the Promoters’ control, the Promoters are unable to provide any of the stated prizes, the Promoters reserve the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
24. The Promoters shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of their obligations to the winners under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond their reasonable control including (without limitation) delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes. For the avoidance of doubt, any affected winners shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result, except to the extent travel insurance as furnished in respect of the runner up winner prize offsets any cost (or portion thereof).
25. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoters’ liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoters and/or deceit or fraud by the Promoters.
26. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
27. The names of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Lucozade Snowbombing Twitter Competition, Digital Media, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
29. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoters believe have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoters reserve the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
30. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoters on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoters or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoters waive their right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoters from complaining about other breaches.
31. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
32. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
Lucozade Snowbombing Twitter Competition, Digital Media, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.