Terms & Conditions – CHiPS Film (Warner Bros. UK) and MTV Partnership
Terms & Conditions – CHiPS Film (Warner Bros. UK) and MTV Partnership
This promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over. Proof of age may be required. Employees (or family members of employees) of any Sky UK Group company (“Sky”), or any MTV Networks Europe company (“MTV”), or Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited (the “Advertiser”) or any agencies involved with the competition, and all affiliates of such companies may not enter the Promotion.
You can enter the competition by going to www.facebook.com/geordieshore and:
2.1 Liking the Geordie Shore Facebook post that promotes this promotion and,
2.2 Writing either #ScottyTCHiPS or #GazCHiPS as a comment on the Geordie Shore Facebook post that promotes this promotion.
3. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your mail. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
4. This promotion opens at 00:00 on 14 March 2017 and the closing date is 11:59 on 31 March 2017.
5. One entry per person. Entries sent in through agents or third parties will be disqualified. Early, late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will be disqualified.
6. Comments serving as entries into this promotion must not contain anything that can reasonably be defined by the Promoter as being obscene. Any entries that contain obscenities will be disqualified.
7. There will be one (1) Winner ("Winner"). The Winner will be selected randomly from all the eligible entrants. The winner will be contacted via direct message on Facebook by which they entered the promotion, to request their name, phone number, e-mail and home address. The Winner will be selected within 72 hours of the promotion closing and contacted within 24 hours of this. If the Winner does not supply their details within 5 days, another winner will be selected. Once the Winner has supplied their contact details, winners will be required to sign and complete a winner information and prize acceptance form and submit copies of their passports in order to enable the prize fulfilment company to book their prize trip. If the Winner does not supply these details within 14 days, another winner may be selected.
8. The Winner will receive the following prize: Return economy flights from London, UK to Los Angeles, USA. A road trip to drive or ride on the Pacific Highway in the USA. Three (3) night hotel stay along the Pacific Highway route with breakfast. Two (2) night hotel stay in Santa Monica, USA with breakfast. Self-drive hire car or motorcycle. Travel insurance.
8.1. Dates of travel are between 7th September 2017 - 18th December 2017 and 15th January 2018 – 31st March 2018, avoiding UK national and school holidays.
8.2. Flights are from London Heathrow.
8.3. Winner and his/her guest can spend the three nights along the Pacific highway as they choose. They will be provided with hotel vouchers and can stop along the Pacific Highway route as they like.
8.4. Winner and his/her guest will spend the final two nights in Santa Monica, USA, approximately 30 minutes from the airport.
8.5. All Prizes including flights have no cash alternatives, are non-changeable, non- refundable and non-transferable, and all elements of the prize must be taken at the same time. Once booked, the Prize cannot be amended or altered.
8.6. All elements of the Prize are subject to availability at the time of booking.
8.7. At least one person travelling must be aged 21 years or over.
8.8. Hotels are based on two (2) people sharing one room.
8.9. The hotels will take a credit card pre-authorisation or cash deposit to cover any incidentals.
8.10. Winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for all other meals and expenses not specifically set forth herein.
8.11. Winner and his/her guest are responsible for and must have valid passports and visas/permissions if applicable. Self-drive car hire, driver must be 21 years or over, and have held a full clean driving licence for over a year and have a credit card in their name.
8.12. Self-drive motorcycle, drivers must be 21 years or over, and have held a full clean driving licence, with a motorcycle endorsement, for over a year and have a credit card in their name. Supplemental liability insurance and damage waiver are included. Drivers will be provided with a comprehensive orientation of the rental motorcycle.
8.13. Passengers must be 15 years or over. Passengers must also be able to reach the passenger foot boards flat footed as per United States law. If a passenger is under 18, a parent or guardian must sign a liability waiver. Jackets and helmets are included.
8.14. Prize includes one (1) self-drive car hire or one (1) self-drive motorcycle hire per couple. Winner or his/her guest can drive the self-drive car or self-drive motorcycle as long as they meet the requirements outlined in points 8.10 and 8.11.
8.15. Winner and his/her guest are responsible for registering with the US Visa Waiver programme: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov if applicable.
8.16. Please note, effective 1 April 2016, all passengers travelling to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (ESTA) must hold an e-Passport if their passport was issued on or after 26th October 2006. Winners must have access to a personal email account.
8.17. Except for the one guest permitted as part of Winner’s Prize, Winner is not allowed to bring any additional family members or guests on the Prize trip. Winner’s guest may not be selected through any further contest, promotion or commercial event. The Winner and their guest must travel on the same itinerary from a Sponsor-selected airport near the Winner’s home. Once selected, the Winner’s guest may not be changed without the express consent of Warner, which Warner may grant or withhold in its sole discretion.
8.18. Any potential winner and his/her proposed guest will be required to sign a prize acceptance and release form in order to be eligible to win and/or participate in the prize.
8.19. Winner’s requested departure date must have a minimum of 120 days advance notice of travel after completion of their winner form unless stated otherwise. Winner will be required to submit 3 preferred departure dates at least 1 calendar month apart. The Winner should allow up to 30 days for their prize to be confirmed after supplying the details outlined in point 7.
8.20. Travel insurance will be supplied to each winner & their companion(s) before departure with no pre-existing medical conditions. Travel insurance is subject to restrictions & the terms and conditions of the insurance provider. It is the responsibility of the winner &/or their companion(s) to meet any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical condition &/or for any additional costs as may be specified where the winner &/or their companion(s) are aged 75 or over.
8.21. The prize does not include transfers, meals, trips, travel insurance, taxes, service charges, or any other service or item not specifically described above. For the sake of clarity, this means (but is not limited to) the following:
8.21.1. Prize excludes travel between Winner’s home & departure airport.
8.21.2. All taxes (including without limitation national & local taxes) in connection with any prize and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
8.21.3. Any necessary visas, vaccinations, passports & any associated costs are the responsibility of the Winner and their guests.
8.22. Individual supplier terms and conditions apply.
9. The Promoter and/or MTV reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
10. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and/or MTV and each of their associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
11. The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
12. The Promoter and/or MTV will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the Winners for reasons beyond the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s reasonable control.
13. If the Winners cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s reasonable control, then the Promoter and/or MTV reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
14. The Promoter’s and/or MTV’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry terms and conditions will be disqualified.
15. Details of the Winners’ name and county will be available for one month after the close of this promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address below and stating the name and date of the promotion.
16. The name, county and photograph of the Winners may be used by the Promoter and/or MTV and each of their associated companies for post-event publicity purposes. The Winners agree to allow the Promoter and/or MTV to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
18. Personal Data:
18.1. In addition to the use specified above, the Promoter and the Advertiser will retain, use and share each entrant’s personal details on the following basis:
18.1.1. for the purpose of administering the promotion;
18.1.2. to facilitate the supply of prizes (in this case data may be transferred to other entities for the purpose of supplying the prizes);
18.1.3. where appropriate consents have been received at the point of entry for this prize promotion, for the purposes outlined paragraph 19 below; and
18.1.4. so that that Sky and Advertiser (as provider of the prize) may assess the marketing value of this promotion.
20. The Promoter and/or MTV reserve the right to extend the closing date or terminate the competition and withhold the prize(s) where events beyond the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s reasonable control make such action necessary. The Promoter’s and/or MTV’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the choice of any Winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
21. The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s staff which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
22. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
23. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim (including any non-contractual dispute or claim) arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
Promoter: Sky UK Limited, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.