Terms & Conditions – MTV and Emerge Energy June 2016
1. This promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over. Proof of age may be required. Employees (or family members of employees) of any Sky UK Group company (“Sky”), or any MTV Networks Europe company (“MTV”), or Cott Beverages Limited (the “Advertiser”) or any agencies involved with the promotion, and all affiliates of such companies may not enter the Promotion.
2. You can enter the competition by going to MTV UK’s Twitter and retweeting the relevant Emerge tweet where instructed to do so by @MTVUKThe promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your mail. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
3. This promotion opens at 00:00 on 16 June 2016 and the closing date is 23:59 on 20 May 2016.
4. One entry per person. Entries sent in through agents or third parties will be disqualified. Early, late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will be disqualified.
5. There will be 4 winners and 10 runners up. The Winners and runners up will be selected randomly from all the entrants that have retweeted the Emerge related tweet as instructed to do so by @MTVUK. The random draw will be held on 21 June 2016 and the winners and runners up will be contacted by direct message on Twitter within 48 hours of being selected, followed by telephone and email correspondence to arrange further details. If the winner does not reply to the direct message from MTVUK on Twitter within 48 hours of being contacted, another winner will be selected.
6. Each winner will receive the following prize: 1 pair of VIP tickets to MTV Crashes Plymouth at Plymouth Hoe (28th July to 29th July), with separate priority seating and separate priority entry. The winner and their guest must both be 18 or over. The prize does not include transfers, meals, trips, travel insurance, taxes, service charges, or any other service or item not specifically described above.
7. Each runner up will receive the following prize: 1 pair of standard tickets to MTV Crashes Plymouth at Plymouth Hoe (28th July to 29th July). The winner and their guest must be 18 or over. The prize does not include transfers, meals, trips, travel insurance, taxes, service charges, or any other service or item not specifically described above.
8. There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
9. The Promoter and/or MTV reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
10. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and/or MTV and each of their associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
11. The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
12. The Promoter and/or MTV will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s reasonable control.
13. If the winners cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s reasonable control, then the Promoter and/or MTV reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
14. The Promoter’s and/or MTV’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry terms and conditions will be disqualified.
15. Details of the winners’ name and county will be available for one month after the close of this promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address below and stating the name and date of the promotion.
16. The name, county and photograph of the winners may be used by the Promoter and/or MTV and each of their associated companies for post-event publicity purposes. The winners agree to allow the Promoter and/or MTV to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
18. Personal Data:
18.1. In addition to the use specified above, the Promoter and the Advertiser will retain, use and share each entrant’s personal details on the following basis:
18.1.1. for the purpose of administering the promotion;
18.1.2. to facilitate the supply of prizes (in this case data may be transferred to other entities for the purpose of supplying the prizes);
18.1.3. where appropriate consents have been received at the point of entry for this prize promotion, for the purposes outlined paragraph 23 below; and
18.1.4. so that that Sky and Advertiser (as provider of the prize) may assess the marketing value of this promotion.
20. The Promoter and/or MTV reserve the right to extend the closing date or terminate the competition and withhold the prize(s) where events beyond the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s reasonable control make such action necessary. The Promoter’s and/or MTV’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the choice of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
21. The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s staff which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
22. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
23. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim (including any non-contractual dispute or claim) arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
Promoter: Sky UK Limited, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.