Terms & Conditions – Truth Or Dare Film Promotion
1. This promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over. Proof of age may be required. Employees (or members of their immediate families, including any live-in partner or household member) of any Sky UK Group company (“Sky”), or Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited (“MTV”), or Universal Pictures Limited (the “Advertiser”) or any agencies involved with the competition, and all affiliates of such companies may not enter the Promotion.
2. You can enter the competition by heading to Twitter and tweeting @MTVUK a photo of your “Truth or Dare face” (the “Entry Content”). The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your mail. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. This promotion opens at 00:01 BST on 26 March 2018 and the closing date is 23:59 BST on 19 April 2018.
4. One entry per person. Entries sent in through agents or third parties will be disqualified. Early, late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will be disqualified.
5. You must ensure that you have all necessarily permissions and rights over the photograph that you submit and you must be the owner of the photograph and you must be the person featured. Anyone else appearing in the Entry Content must also be at least 18 years of age and entrants must have the consent of anyone else appearing in the Entry Content.
6. There will be one (1) Winner ("Winner"). Winner will be selected randomly from all valid Entry Content. The random draw will be held on 20 April 2018 and Winner will be contacted via Twitter within seven (7) days of being selected.
7. The Winner will receive the following prize:
• Two (2) VIP tickets to MTV Presents: Varna Beach music festival in August 2018. The winner will be informed of the date as soon as it is confirmed.
• Two (2) return economy flights from a London airport where flights are available
• Three (3) nights at a 4-star hotel in a twin room on a bed and breakfast basis
• £300 towards spending money
The winner and their guest must ensure that they have a valid passport and/or valid travel documentation as necessary.
The winner and their guest acknowledge and agree that MTV management and their security staff reserve the right to refuse them entry to the Event if they do not have valid ID when requested, and/or are behaving inappropriately, and/or carrying any prohibited items, and/or appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
8. The prize does not include transfers, meals, trips, travel insurance, taxes, service charges, or any other service or item not specifically described above.
9. There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
10. Winner and guest must be 18 years old or above.
11. Once booked the prize cannot be amended or altered.
12. Accommodation is based on two (2) people sharing a twin room.
13. Winner and guest must travel together on the same trip and all elements of the prize must be taken at the same time.
14. Specified accommodation, restaurants and tours are subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be offered dependent on availability.
15. Individual supplier terms and conditions apply.
16. Winner should allow 30 days for their prize to be confirmed.
17. Any associated costs are the responsibility of the Winner and their guest.
18. Winners must have access to a personal email account.
19. Winners will need a credit/ debit card in order to check-in at the hotel for a security deposit.
20. All taxes (including without limitation national & local taxes) in connection with any prize & the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
21. MTV reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
22. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and/or MTV and each of their associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
23. The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
24. The Promoter and/or MTV will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the Winner for reasons beyond the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s reasonable control.
25. If the Winner cannot be contacted within 7 days of MTV’s first attempt to contact him/her or are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s reasonable control, then the Promoter and/or MTV reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
26. The Promoter’s and/or MTV’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry terms and conditions will be disqualified.
27. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and MTV and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and licensees a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, Entry Content, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this will include the winner’s name, location, and Entry Content being broadcast on-air and posted across the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s social media platforms.
28. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Advertiser, the Promoter, MTV, the Promoter and MTV’s affiliates, licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
29. All entrants hereby undertake that nothing in the Entry Content:
29.1 is distasteful or offensive, or is of a sexual nature.
29.2 is intended for the purpose of harassing, threatening or embarrassing individuals or multiple individuals.
• Individuals without the consent of all featured parties.
• Individuals smoking tobacco, vaping, drinking or appearing to be under the influence of alcohol.
• Any images which contain alcohol or tobacco products.
• The depiction or incitement to use drugs or any banned substances.
• Political parties, political messages or demonstrations.
• Blasphemous or religious imagery or any image deemed to incite religious hatred.
• Potentially defamatory or otherwise actionable material.
• Any image which infringes any copyright, trade marks or other intellectual property rights of any third party.
• Third party promotional packaging, material or advertising.
• The depiction of the assembly of explosive materials, firearms or items deemed to be weapons of any nature.
• The depiction of individuals’ or companies’ names, phone numbers, email or postal addresses, or any other personal information deemed sensitive, private and/or unacceptable by the Promoter and/or MTV.
• Any pets or animals.
• Anyone under the age of 18.
29.4. is sourced from commercial or third party libraries (e.g. Getty Images, Google images etc).
29.5 contains anything the Promoter and/or MTV in its sole discretion considers to be inappropriate or which it considers is otherwise offensive or illegal.
30. Details of the Winner’s name and county will be available for one month after the close of this promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address below and stating the name and date of the promotion.
31. The name, county and photograph of the Winner may be used by any of the Data Users (defined below) and each of their associated companies for post-event publicity purposes. The Winner agrees to allow the Data Users to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
32. Personal Data:
32.1. In addition to the use specified above, any of the Promoter, (Sky), the Advertiser, (Universal Pictures Limited), the Advertiser’s Agent, (Mediacom UK Limited), the Production House (Recipe Advertising Ltd) the Broadcasters, (MTV) (each a “Data User”) may retain, use and share each entrant’s personal details for any of the following purposes:
32.1.1. for the purpose of administering the promotion;
32.1.2. to facilitate the supply of prizes (in this case data may be transferred to other entities for the purpose of supplying the prizes);
32.1.3. where appropriate consents have been received at the point of entry for this prize promotion for the purposes outlined in paragraph 33 below
32.1.4. so that MTV (as provider of the prize) may assess the marketing value of this promotion.
The privacy policies of the Data Users are detailed in Paragraph 33 below
the Advertiser: https://www.nbcuniversal.com/privacy
the Advertiser’s Agents: [[https://www.mediacom.com/uk/privacy-policy];
Your choice as to whether or not to opt in to marketing communications will not affect your chances of winning a prize. By entering into this prize promotion you consent to your personal data being passed outside the EU for the purposes of processing and storing on each of the Data Users’ servers.
34. The Promoter and/or MTV reserve the right to extend the closing date or terminate the competition and withhold the prize(s) where events beyond the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s reasonable control make such action necessary. The Promoter’s and/or MTV’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the choice of any Winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
35. The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s staff which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
36. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
37. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim (including any non-contractual dispute or claim) arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
Promoter: Sky UK Limited, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.