TERMS - ‘PIMP MY SUMMER BALL’ 2016 TWITTER COMPETITION
1. This vote will be governed by these terms (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them. By voting, entrants agree that they have obtained any such permission(s) where necessary.
2. Entrants may vote online at www.twitter.com/mtvuk by using the @mtvuk reply and voting for one of the eligible universities using the hashtag #PimpMySummerBall and adding the name of the eligible university he/she wishes to vote for.
3. Entrants may vote as many times as they like, but may only vote for an eligible university. Votes for ineligible universities will not be counted and such entries will be disqualified.
4. Costs to vote via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before voting.
5. The closing date for votes is 17:00 on 23 March 2016.
6. To vote, entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
(a) be a resident of the UK;
(b) hold a Twitter account;
(c) be aged 18 or over at the time of entry; and
(d) not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or of the Promoter’s respective parent, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to contact any and/or all entrants by a direct message on Twitter throughout the term of the voting in relation to these terms.
8. The following universities are eligible to receive votes:
Edinburgh Napier University
University of Lincoln
University of Dundee
University of Essex
University of Buckingham
University of Oxford
University of Surrey
University of Northampton
University of Hertfordshire
University of Reading
Southampton Solent University
Royal Holloway University of London
University of Kent
University of Portsmouth
Queen Mary University of London
University of West London
University of the West of England
9. The eligible university with the most votes at the closing date will win a “pimped” summer ball courtesy of Club MTV. All aspects of the summer ball shall be within the sole discretion of the Promoters.
10. MTV TRAX “Boost” - The eligible university that has achieved the most downloads (in-app registration) of the MTV TRAX application (as determined by Promoter) at the close of the voting will gain a 15% “boost” to their vote tally. So, if you want to help your chosen eligible university, download the MTV TRAX application – download is free!
11. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entry that violates Twitter’s rules (e.g. tweets that are abusive, promote violence or invade an individual’s privacy).
12. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate the voting in the event that, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, there are insufficient votes or suspicious or unusual activity has occurred around the voting. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the vote. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering, all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, entry content, biographical information or any statement made by them ("Submissions") by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this may include re-tweeting the entry content and posting it on any of the Promoter’s Facebook pages or other social channels.
14. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their respective licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
15. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment.
16. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing voting.
17. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including (without limitation) delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes.
18. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by the Promoter.
19. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
21. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address or multiple entries that appear abnormal or suspicious.
22. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives their right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
23. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
24. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
‘Pimp My Summer Ball’ Twitter Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT