8 Things Lesbians Are Bored Of Hearing
Time to clear up a few things.
Whether you're actively trying to be a dickhead or are just a little ignorant, here's a few things us lesbians would prefer you to stop saying to us. THANKS.
1. “But you don’t look gay…”
And you don’t look ignorant, but apparently we’re all surprising each other today.
2. “You and your *friend* seem really close.”
Do you mean my girlfriend? Because yes, we are close. That’s what happens when you date someone.
3. “But didn’t you used to have a boyfriend?”
Yes I did. Thanks for reminding me of that time of my life when I was as confused about my sexuality you are right now.
4. “How do you have sex?”
There’s this amazing thing called Google. Feel free to give it a try.
5. “Why do some lesbians dress like guys?”
Please take yourself and your out-dated gender roles to the door and let us all get on with dressing however we damn please.
6. “I kissed a girl once, but I’m not gay.”
I’ve kissed one more than once and I am gay. So glad we had this talk.
7. “How do you know you’re a lesbian if you’ve never been with a guy?”
Probably the same way you know you’re not gay even though you haven’t tried it.
8. “Do you want to have a threesome?”
NO THANK YOU.
But, like, why is it so important to celebrate Pride this year..?