12 Photos You're Definitely Going To See On Your Instagram Feed This Summer
There ain’t no cliché like a summer holiday cliché.
As a famous philosopher once said, if you don’t document your summer on Instagram, does it ever even really happen at all?
We don’t know the answer, but we do know that these are the photos and poses that will inevitably be flooding your feed this summer.
Naturally we’re planning to do all 12…
1. The passport cover snap
There’s nothing like a passport cover pic taken at the airport to rub it in to everyone else that you’re off abroad. Even if you did have to get up at 4am to get to the airport and are only going to Magaluf for a four day all-inclusive with about 1000 other already sunburnt Brits.
2. A girl kneeling in a bikini casually looking back over her shoulder at the camera
Most probably because you saw it on Kylie Jenner’s insta that one time, thought it looked good and decided to have a bash at it yourself.
3. Someone who wants you to know they just went hiking
No idea when going for a Sunday afternoon walk became known as going ‘hiking’ but it has and it’s trendy af all of a sudden.
4. A photo of someone walking onto the tarmac towards a plane.
Must be taken from behind them so as to look natural, probably by their boyfriend who was told exactly what angle it should be from. Because the passport pic you posted 5 mins ago just didn’t make it clear enough that you’re leaving the country, b*tches.
5. People posing at a BBQ next to some quite raw looking sausages
It looked so idyllic on Jamie Oliver’s Instagram that you thought you’d give it a go. Unfortunately the IRL version is a bit more like food poisoning roulette than you’d ever dreamed.
6. Someone eating a melty ice cream with a bit of it smushed onto their nose
“This is all just so candid and not even slightly staged that I didn’t even NOTICE the enormous blob of Mr Whippy that’s currently dripping down my nose and into my nostril!! #icecreamkisses #hashtag”
7. A group of pals doing peace signs at an indistinguishable festival
Definitely taken on day one before their hair got greasy and they were all too hungover to lay in the tent eating crisps.
8. A couple kissing in front of a fairly generic Spanish/Greek/Ibizan sunset
“Guys, we’re just soooo in love and we’re on holiday together and who even cares if these smiles are faked to gloss over the fact this is the first holiday we’ve done together and it’s made us realise that we both annoy the hell out of each other and are probably going to break up the moment the plane lands back home!!!!”
9. A boomerang of someone jumping into a pool
It’s the ultimate brag, there’s really no getting away from it.
10. A glass of Pimms/other summery beverage placed upon some crispy looking grass
Sure it was worth paying £7.50 for this tiny glass that’s mostly filled with ice cubes and mint leaves that get stuck in the straw. SURE IT WAS.
11. Someone posing (probably in sunglasses) in front of a pink wall
Did you not get the memo that pink is the colour of 2017? Well it is and you’d better not let your Instagram feed forget it.
12. Someone in a pool on a swan float
The internet is still not over them and it’s not even sorry about it.
Now check out the latest from MTV News...