15 Things You Never Knew About Sex
Whether you're your town's Gaz Beadle or brand new to this sex lark, here are 15 things we bet you didn't know already.
Whether you're your town's Gaz Beadle or brand new to this sex lark, here are 15 things we bet you didn't know already...
1. You *can* get pregnant the first time you have sex
You can can get pregant if you have sex in water. You can even get pregnant if the woman is on her period when you have sex.
2. You can also get pregnant if the woman pees immediately after having unprotected sex
If you think the wee will flush the semen out, you're mixing your holes up.
3. That said, if you have sex more than once in a session, it's important for a woman to wee between sex bouts to lessen the risk of infection.
A small price to pay, really.
4. Crocodile dung used to be used as contraception
That's right. Dung is slightly alkaline, so it may have worked as a bit like modern spermicide. It's also possible that application put both sexual partners off doing the deed.
To be absolutely clear, DO NOT DO THIS.
5. Squirting anything up a woman's vagina after sex (vinegar, soda water – you name it, we've heard the gross rumour) won't prevent pregnancy but could give the woman an infection
6. Basically, if you have penis-in-vagina sex without birth control in place, you can get pregnant.
7. Things like HPV, gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes, and hepatitis B can all be spread through oral sex, as well as vaginal and anal sex
The answer? Condoms and vaginal dams, of course. It's why flavoured ones exist.
8. Some STDS – including chlamydia and gonorrhea – can be treated with antibiotics, but the sooner they're treated the better
If you even half suspect that something is wrong, get yourself to a GP.
9. Some STDS – including herpes and HPV – are incurable
While getting one isn't ideal, it's not the end of the world and there is treatment to help with the symptons.
10. The German word for contraceptives is Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel
This makes us feel really happy. Unsure why.
11. Female ferrets who don't have sex for a year can die
This makes us feel really sad. However, the same is not true of humans (although sometimes it can feel like it, amirite ladies?) And neutering female ferrets, or just introducing them to a nice boy ferret, can remove the risk of no sex equalling death.
12. The term G-spot is named after German scientist Ernst Grafenberg who claimed that stimulation of a sensitive area on the front wall of the vagina could trigger female orgasm
The phrase 'Whipple Tickle' was also in the running, after academic Beverly Whipple who published a book on the G-spot. Whatever it's called, scientists are still debating if it actually exists.
13. The vibrator was originally invented in the 19th century as a way to reduce 'hysteria' in women
If you're sharing sex toys, be sure to wash them between each use, and ideally put a condom on them, okay?
14. Male and female orgasms generally last for about 10 -15 seconds of loveliness
Women's can sometimes go on for a few seconds more than men's but what's a couple of seconds between friends?
15. There is plenty of sperm to go around
An average man produces enough sperm in two weeks to impregnate every fertile woman on the plantet. P-L-E-N-T-Y to go around.
- By Georgina Terry
31 Pictures That Prove 'Hot Dudes With Dogs' Is The Instagram Account You Need In Your Life