20 Awkward Moments That Have Definitely Happened To Everyone At School
“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.”
We’ve come to realize that school isn’t like a High School Musical film where you sing your heart out with a beautiful Zac Efron gazing into your eyes, but it’s actually full of hard work, awkwardness and cringe af moments that are seared into our soul forever.
Yep, you'll always remember that time everyone found out you fancied hot Paul from the year above, including Paul himself. Oh and the fact that you’d nicknamed him sexy Paul. OH THE SHAME.
School is a massive learning curve in more ways than one, so enjoy every moment so you can look back when you’re old and wrinkly and have a giggle to yourself about awkward it all was. These are just some awks moments we've found ourselves in at one point or another...
But first, can these adults pass a real GCSE?
1. Performing a musical number you lived to regret.
Whether it’s your school talent show or school performance of Grease where you had to do a solo and really lived to regret the tale.
2. Coming out of the toilet with your skirt tucked into your knickers.
Oops, definitely thought it was feeling a little breezy down there…
3. Getting caught by a teacher when you were just bitching about them.
“No sir, we were talking about ANOTHER Mr Gosling…”
4. Having no coordination when being forced to play games in PE.
Look, I was not prepared for being pelted with balls today, if you’ll mind the pun…
5. Everyone finding out about your secret crush on your classmate.
Mainly because you spent 20 minutes of maths giving them longing glances that were more transparent than you thought.
6. Totally embarrassing yourself in front of said crush.
7. When the teacher picks on you and you realise you’ve been staring out the window not listening to a single word.
The answer you mumble couldn’t be more wrong if you tried.
8. Having your first kiss and it being seriously awkward / sloppy / in front of your mum.
Aaaand we just knocked teeth. KILL ME.
9. Forgetting your gym kit and having to wear the grim af spare one.
Old and gross shorts that are 12 sizes too big? Yeah, not embarrassing at all.
10. When you have to get up in front of the class to talk and you get so nervous all that comes out is mish mash of random noises.
SAY SOMETHING. ANYTHING. “Fhfgeejwwj…” NOT THAT…
11. Thinking you looked pretty good in your school photo, until you notice your eyes are half closed and there’s food in your braces.
What do you mean we can’t retake it?!
12. Waltzing into the wrong classroom and recognising absolutely no one.
Just keep backing away...
13. Getting an unexpected boner when you have to get up in front of everyone to write something on the board.
Sorry Sam, but definitely laughed when this happened to you.
14. Calling your teacher mum by accident.
Excuse me, mum? Cue being teased for days.
15. When your teacher intercepts your secret note you’ve been passing to your friend and decides to read it aloud as punishment.
“I want to ask Steve out but I’m scared”. Hmmm.
16. When you're pulling your books out of your bag and you accidentally pull a tampon out.
Even though no one cares or notices (you hope), you turn bright red.
17. When it's really quiet in class and your stomach decides to make the loudest growling noise.
You feel like everyone is staring at you even though no one probably even heard it.
18. When your teacher is trying hard to teach you all about sex education but they’re just as embarrassed as you.
Everyone is sniggering and the teacher is embarrassed af. It’s all too much.
19. Falling asleep in class and only being woken by the sound of people laughing and taking pictures of you.
Too. Much. Netflix. Not. Enough. Sleep.
20. Seeing your teacher having a life outside of school.
Wait, what do you mean they don't really live there?