29 Things Vegetarians Are Completely Done With Hearing
We're 100% done.
Happy World Vegetarian Day everyone!
Today (October 1) is a day to celebrate all things veggie, so we decided to collect all of the annoying things vegetarians get asked on the regular.
Great idea, huh?
1. "So where do you get your protein?"
Have you ever heard of these AMAZING things called eggs? Or nuts? Or the millions of other ways there are of getting protein?
2. *squeezes your bicep* "You need some more protein, why not have a burger?"
You'll be surprised to know that muscles can also be developed without devouring a tonne of chicken every day. Strange, huh?
3. "Do you only eat vegetables?"
We do love vegetables but it's not the only thing we eat.
4. "Don't you miss bacon?"
Again, no. If we missed it THAT much we might decide to eat it but we're okay for now, thanks.
5. "You can eat fish though, right?"
NO. This one has to be one of the most common, and the most annoying. Pescatarians eat fish. We repeat, PES-CA-TAR-IANS!
6. "Oh you must LOVE houmous though yeah?"
Yes, some of us happen to like houmous, but being a vegetarian doesn't automatically mean you like all kinds of Moroccan chick-pea based substances.
7. "You don't know what you're missing…"
Some of us DO know what we're missing and have chosen a life without it.
8. "Do you really love animals then?"
9. "Surely that means you can't wear leather either?"
Vegetarians are choosing not to EAT meat, wearing it is an ENTIRELY different argument.
10. "Doesn't that mean you're killing plants, well surely that's just like killing animals?"
Well this is just the dumbest thing we've ever heard.
11. "Do you eat cheese then?"
Yes we do. Vegans don't, however, but therein lies another argument altogether. WE ARE NOT THE SAME THING!
12. "What's the difference between a vegetarian and a vegan?"
*See above* Also, google it. Don't bore us with your comparisons.
13. "Ah, McDonalds must suck for you…"
Well yeah, it kinda does when you have to wait a million years for them to cook your bean burger fresh because NO-ONE else orders it, but we deal with it.
14. "Oh I was a veggie once but I ate chicken!"
*Bangs head against wall*
15. "Can't you just pick out the meat?"
Why, yes, this seems like a very reasonable thing to ask a vegetarian to do...
16. "Chicken nuggets should be fine because there is BASICALLY no meat in them anyway."
17. "What do you eat at Nandos then?"
To be fair Nandos do some awesome veggie burgers, and you can even customise them with halloumi or pineapple, mmm.
18. "I just don't know how you live without meat."
We've managed to survive this far just fine.
19. "Want a bite of my burger? HAHA OH WAIT, YOU CAN'T!"
We have two words for people like you. They begin with F and O.
20. "You must be a hippy…"
The two things just go hand in hand!
21. "What would they do with all the animals if everyone stopped eating meat?"
Let them roam free and live happily ever after. Or something like that?
22. "Is it okay if I eat this in front of you?"
Of course it is. We don't get offended by the sight of you eating meat, unless you eat with your mouth open, because that's just plain rude.
24. "We're meant to eat meat!"
Oh yes, I remember, us humans are all cave men who devour a fresh lion leg each night. Times have changed man, times have changed.
25. "Aren't you worried about an iron deficiency?"
Not really. If it becomes a problem, we can just eat more peas. Simple.
26. "Oh it's just a phase, you'll grow out of it."
This isn't like going through an 'emo' phase, or a 'chav' phase, we've chosen the vegetarian path and we will stick to it.
27. "You know that being a vegetarian is actually really bad for you, don't you?"
You know that being an a**hole is really bad for you, don't you?
28. "Don't you feel weak all the time?"
Nope, only when we haven't had enough sleep but we're pretty sure that applies for all humans... Correct us if we're wrong though.
29. "What do you eat when you're hungover?
Crisps, chocolate, anything that will soothe the pain, it doesn't have to be a Big Mac.
12 Celebrities You (Probably) Didn't Know Were Vegetarian
Getty1 of 12
Getty2 of 12
Getty3 of 12
Getty4 of 12
Getty5 of 12
Getty6 of 12
Getty7 of 12
Getty8 of 12
Getty9 of 12
Getty10 of 12
Getty11 of 12
Getty12 of 12