The #DogsAtPollingStations Twitter Trend Is The Excuse You Didn't Even Need To Get Out And Vote On Brexit
The excuse you didn't even need to vote in or out on the Brexit EU referendum - the #dogsatollingstations hashtag that's trending on twitter. See pics at MTV.co.uk
It's a truth universally acknowledged that the internet loves nothing more than the type of dog so cute it can make even darkest and twistiest of us do an involuntary squee of joy when we stumble across a picture of its perfect hairy face.
With that in mind, it makes total sense that the people of Twitter are doing some heroic work to remind and encourage us all to get voting on the EU Referendum today with the genius #DogsAtPollingStations hashtag that is naturally trending all over everywhere.
What with it being a majorly contentious issue, having your say on Brexit could not be more important. Although that in itself is probably already enough to get you down the voting booth, we're guessing the promise of seeing an adorable pup hanging outside while its trusty voter goes into have their say might just help give that extra push we all need to brave the rain and go vote.
Interested? Here's a few of our fave puppies exercising their democratic right this morning...
1. These dudes, who we imagine might have been more interested in voting for more treats than in or out of Europe.
2. This pooch, who is having a bit of a ruff morning.
3. The one who thinks voting is cooler than Snoop.
4. These guys, who thought they were off to see Jurassic Bark but are quite into voting too.
5. The pup, who is feeling a little melon-collie at the thought of Brexit happening.
6. The sausage dog who is just feeling super serious about democracy rn.
7. The dog so excited about voting that he could wee. And then did.
8. This dog, who actually made it inside the voting booth.
9. The dawg just really happy to be there.
10. And then there's this guy, who is all of us when the front facing camera opens before we're ready.
But don't forget; this is your chance to have your say, so make sure you get down and vote in or out in the referendum today. VOTING IS COOL, OKAY.