14 Problems All Short Girls Will Relate To
1. Spotting the cutest top on the highest rail you can NEVER EVER reach
Being a shorty definitely has its benefits, but there are also a few day to day struggles that only those of us who are somewhat vertically challenged will relate to.
OH CRUEL WORLD.
1. Not being able to see a thing at any kind of event involving standing in a crowd.
Actually that’s not quite true – you can see something: it’s just that the back of the guy in front’s t-shirt isn’t particularly visually appealing.
2. Trying to make eye contact with someone important so that you look all professional and serious is quite hard when your natural eye level actually focuses on their nipples.
3. Being left behind because YE GAHDS those long-legged people can walk fast can’t they?
Literally you need three strides to match their every one.
4. Spotting the CUTEST top in Topshop… on the highest rail that you haven’t a chance in hell of reaching.
WHY DO THEY PUT THEM SO HIGH. IS IT JUST TO TEMPT ME.
5. Realising that the only way you’re going to be able to try it on is by tracking down a sales assistant and asking them to get it for you, which is just a bit of a drag really, isn’t it.
Not to mention you then have to tell them your size, which OK shouldn’t be a big deal, but also UGH.
6. Getting asked for ID FOREVER.
Short does not = child. REPEAT AFTER US: SHORT DOES NOT = CHILD.
7. People who talk down to you, both literally and figuratively.
8. People who seem to think you haven’t realised that you’re not exactly gonna win any awards for being tall any time soon.
‘Gosh, you’re short aren’t you?’. OH REALLY? AM I?
9. Being the one who always gets the crappy seat on a road trip/aeroplane/cinema because: ‘oh I’ve got really long legs I need to stretch out’.
What if I want to stretch out my little legs, eh? Did you think about that?
10. Being the one cropped out of the group selfie because you couldn’t quite fit in the frame, even on tippie toes.
Fab. Just fab.
11. Falling over on the train because all the hand rail things are taken and are you joking about the loop ones though.
Literally your choices are: a) fold them over a gazillion times until they cut off your blood supply at the waist or b) pull them up over your boobs. Full body sheath, anyone?
13. Being a hazard with an umbrella.
Look it’s not your fault that you’re a whole lot lower than everyone else, but it does mean you tend to jab them in the jugular when hurrying through that downpour. Oops.
14. The struggle that is changing the sheets and duvet cover on a double bed and getting LOST INSIDE.
You know what we mean. If you don’t – you’re not short.
Relate to that? Then good luck and god speed and don't forget - we're right (down) here with you.
- By Lizzie Cox.