Teen Dies After Trying To Take ‘Ultimate Selfie’ On Top Of A Train
A Romanian teen was electrocuted after trying to take the dangerous photo.
A teenager in Romania has died after being electrocuted while trying to take a selfie on top of a train.
18-year-old Anna Ursu apparently wanted to take a ‘special selfie’, so her and a friend went to a railway station and climbed onto an out-of-use train.
While both teens were laying on roof, Anna lifted her leg into the air, but even though she didn’t touch the surrounding wires, the electrical field around them caused her to be electrocuted.
Her friend was sent flying off the train roof, and a passerby who saw what happened sprang into action to try and help the teen by putting out her burning clothes - but she had already been too badly hurt.
Both Anna and her friend were airlifted to hospital but she later died after 50% of her body had obtained substantial burns.
The teen’s friend, who miraculously survived, later said that neither of them had considered the danger of the situation, and that she had just wanted to take the ‘ultimate selfie’.