The 13 Stages Of Accepting Summer Is Over
From denial to acceptance with a few Pumpkin Spice Lattes in between…
Unless you’re lucky enough NOT to be in the UK right now, you probably woke up to rain this morning, along with the cruel realisation that summer is officially ov-ah. Yep, it sucks, and we’re not ready for the dark nights and impending X Factor addiction either, but we do know what’s about to go down.
These are the 13 stages of accepting summer is over…
1. Waking up when your alarm goes off and wondering why the sun didn’t wake you up before it.
Oh, that’s right, there is no more sun. Waking is now a cruel, dark process, instigated by a shrill noise in your ear rather than a beaming light in your face. Sob.
2. Going outside with bare legs despite the pouring rain.
It’ll stop by lunchtime, surely? Oh, wait, no it won’t. Sob.
3. Ditto wearing Converse in the rain.
There won’t be that many puddles, will there? Oh, wait, yes there will. Sob.
4. Getting to school or work and immediately Googling holidays.
Can’t. Handle. This. Weather.
5. Realising you can’t afford to go away and you have actual responsibilities like school and work.
6. Spending the same amount you would have on a holiday on a new coat, boots and six incredibly fluffy jumpers.
Damn you, ASOS.
7. Strolling past Starbucks and discovering that the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back.
8. Having your ASOS order arrive and realising how awesome layers are.
Summer really doesn’t allow for much showing off of new clothes, does it?
9. Blowing off Saturday night out with your friends for Saturday night in with the TV.
It’s raining and X Factor and Strictly are both on; who needs to go outside?!
10. Realising that Halloween is only eight weeks away.
The most underrated holiday of the year is nearly here and you MUST get to work on your Jigglypuff costume immediately.
11. So Bonfire Night is only nine weeks away.
12. And Christmas is only 16 weeks away.
Long enough not to send you into a panic spiral, yet so close you can practically taste the turkey.
13. Summer who?
There’s only one Summer you’re bothered about and she’s nestled inside your OC boxset. See ya next year, sunshine!